Part 26

"So how long do you need the cast?" you asked while walking slowly with Jimin as he wobbled.

"Well since us hybrids heal faster than humans it should only take a month and a half. I'm really excited to not have to wear crutches. These things hurt my armpits. Plus, I can't transform into a fox and that's kind of annoying."

"That time will fly by faster than you think and soon, you will be going to the free district. At least...I'm assuming that's where you were going when we found you."

"Actually...I didn't have a location in mind when I ran away from the... from home. I just wanted to leave and get out of where I was. What's the free district like?" 

"Uhm...I'm not sure myself. I've never been there, but from what I've heard, it's supposed to be a district where there are only hybrids. And you guys can do whatever you want. You can be whoever you want and the government can't bring you back or force you to be owned again."

"A place where I can be who and do what I want...that sounds nice but...I won't know anyone..."

"If you and Taehyung go together, you will know someone. Also, there are community leaders that will help you get started. They know what it's like to start from scratch," you explained.

"Are they also a part of your organization?"

"I don't know...maybe?" You shrugged, "To be honest I don't know everything about the organization. It's supposed to be secret so that if we get caught, the whole organization doesn't go down."

"Wow...Could I work for the organization if I wanted to?" Jimin inquired, wobbling a little and making you grab his arm.

"I think you can...But why would you want to? I mean it's very dangerous for hybrids to get involved in something like this,"

"I don't know it looks like fun...Your inter-pack seems to like it. I'd feel guilty just living free when I know there are people in need and that I can help." Jimin nodded confidently before stumbling again, making you catch him. Your s'mores and campfire scent had been distracting him this whole time and kept him from moving around properly. Every time he breathed in your scent, he felt tingles spread throughout his body and he wasn't quite sure why. He had been around mated pairs before but none of them has such a striking scent like you or your inter-pack.

"I'd love to be your colleague one day," you grinned at him, "But until then, you're under my care and I will do my best to take care of you."

As you two continued to move forward you saw Jungkook coming down the stairs with a familiar stuffed plush in his hand.

"Jungkook, what is in your hand?" you called out. The bunny stopped in his tracks and cheerfully hopped over to you,

"It's a stuffed doll I found in one of the boxes. It smells like you and Namjoon hyung. I wanted to bring it to my room so I can smell you guys while I sleep."

Upon closer inspection, you noticed that the plush resembling a human baby with wolf ears and tail. Your eyes widen before you quickly snatch the doll from Jungkook, shocking him.

"Jungkook no!" you cried out and then begin to dust the doll, "You shouldn't have touched this!"

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't know..." Jungkook shrunk back and looked at the ground guiltily, "I didn't know you liked the doll so much, noona."

Jimin peered over your shoulder, "That's not just a doll, Jungkook, that's a pup."

"Oh...uhm...I didn't know you liked the pup so much," Jungkook corrected himself while giving Jimin an annoyed glare. What was the point of correcting him like that? Was Jimin trying to make him look bad in front of you? That was rude.