Chapter 5

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Paris arrived to the Shooting Range with the snacks. She placed the tray on the back table of the room, and watched how Kai and her two friends were having fun shooting bullets to the wooden targets.

One of her friends was a tall man with black hair, and brown eyes, with extravagant clothing. While the other friend was a short woman, with short and dyed gray-blue hair, brown eyes, also wearing extravagant clothing. It was obvious that they were wealthy by the way they dressed.

The only one that wasn't really wearing luxurious clothing was Kai. She appeared more casual, with a comfortable white button shirt, slightly open from the top, revealing part of her chest and collarbones. Black loose pants, and elegant black heels. She was wearing no jewelry this time, making her look less smug.

Her carbon, black hair was down like always. Those beautiful dyed-white strings of hair were tugged behind her ear. Her nails short, with black nail polish. Making her look exotic in some kind of way.

Paris remained silent in the back, standing straight, with her hands behind her back. She was contemplating Kai while she was laughing and conversing with her friends. This made Kai look more human. She was finally not wearing that serious expression on her face like the other times she was with Paris. At least she could show other emotions with her friends. Paris liked this side of Kai better. It made her more interesting.

The female friend of Kai was the one to notice Paris standing in the back first, and asked, "Who is this? Another girl of yours? She looks like your type of woman."

Kai glanced back, meeting eyes with Paris. Her lip curved into a sneer, as she let out a short laugh before responding to her. "My father accepted her as my new bodyguard. Her name is Paris. You guys can use her all you want."

Paris wrinkled her brows slightly, hearing the conversation until this far. She wondered what the hell they were even talking about. "Looks like your type of woman"? What does that even mean? And, "You guys can use her all you want"? Paris was not a puppet or something! She wanted to speak up on her defense, but chose to keep peace to avoid provoking a fight on her first day of work.

The male friend leaned forward to whisper in Kai's ear, "Tell your father to give me one like her as well." The man wore a smirk on his face as he said this. His eyes showing thirst as he examined Paris up and down with narrowed eyes.

The female friend saw this, and told him with a glare, "You want me to find one for you?"

"I'm just joking, Babe. You know you are enough for me." The man responded as he lifted the woman's chin up, acting all coquettish. It turns out that these two are a couple.

The woman rolled her eyes at him, and then the three of them headed to the table to sit on the chairs. Paris stepped back, giving them some space, still quiet in her own thoughts.

The three of them kept talking about nonsense as they ate their snacks, but still not grabbing their drinks yet. Paris was starting to get bored just standing there, watching them enjoy the apples.

"I'm surrounded by a bunch of jerks." Was the sentence that slipped from Paris' mouth in a mumble. However, it was audible enough for the three of them to hear.

They all turned their gaze at her, Kai speaking up first, "What did you just say?"

"Huh?" Paris acted as if she didn't just say anything. "I don't know what you're talking about Ms. Kai. I have been quiet all this time. You probably are hearing things. Why don't you grab a drink and refresh your brain."

Kai's relaxed expression from just now stiffened once again into a glare because of Paris. The two friends were left speechless by how she responded to her boss. She was a bold young lady. Kai decided to ignore her attitude, and went to grab one of the lemonades.