Chapter 44⚠️

Author's Note: There will be Triggering Content in this chapter. If this is too much for you please avoid reading. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"I can't wait for Venus to come back home so that she can see you all tied up here. She will be so pissed at you for ruining her plan that she will probably torture you to death." Bryan cracked out a laugh after saying this to Pearl who was currently tied up to a chair with a rope, unable to move at all. She could only glare at him darkly as he continued to laugh like a madman.

At first, Bryan had planned on murdering her, but after pondering for a while, he decided that it would be best to wait for Venus to come back to the mansion so that she could make Pearl's death more amusing. He knew that Venus would hate Pearl after finding out that she was the one who ruined everything today.

Pearl had actually brought a gun with her to defend herself on this mission, but she was not able to take it out on time when Bryan got inside the secret room abruptly, aiming another gun at her. He threatened her to the point of leaving her with no other choice but to give in to his commands. She handed him her gun and phone that were the only items she had brought with her today as he continued to shout at her that he was going to shoot her to death.

Fighting against Bryan was not a safe choice to make. This guy in front of her was Kai's previous head bodyguard after all. His strength was no joke. There was an obvious reason why he was chosen to be Kai's head bodyguard in the past. Pearl knew that if she dared to throw a punch at him, she would probably be beaten to death. Therefore, surrendering to him was all she could think of as for now.

And that's how Pearl ended up tied up to this wooden chair. Her ankles and wrists were restrained by a rope, it was difficult to even struggle in this sitting position.

Pearl's brain was spinning like a wheel with the dead silence of the room. She was trying to figure out how the hell Bryan was able to enter the bedroom when she had clearly locked it from the inside. But then, she recalled that these kinds of doors could be still open easily with a knife or a paper clip. Everyone from the mafia was taught to do those dirty tricks, it was not surprising to see Bryan using them in this situation.

Bryan had probably known of the code a long time ago as well. He and Taylor have been working for Venus for a very long time. If their meetings took place here, then they would eventually know the code of the secret room by hard after seeing it being dialed so many times.

There was nothing unexpected from all of this, but Pearl still couldn't process the fact that she was caught again, and that now she was tied up to this chair, unable to do anything. She felt really worthless for failing her task again.

The only thing that made her feel a bit better is that she was able to send to Kai some of the evidence she found on the computer on time. This evidence was enough to prove that Venus was at fault. Just knowing this made Pearl feel relieved that she was able to help the major family a little.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

When Venus arrived back to the mansion it was already five in the afternoon. She got out of her car enraged, slamming the door close. She still couldn't believe that things went so wrong today. She had been waiting and planning for this day to come and everything failed at the end. Taylor and Bryan were two useless pieces of shit! Those two idiots helped for nothing!

A bodyguard saw Venus entering the mansion, and he approached her to speak with her. "Welcome back, Ms. Venus. I have something to inform-"

Venus cut him off furiously, "Not right now! I'm not in the mood to talk!" She bumped into the bodyguard's shoulder roughly, and continued to walk forward, reaching the stairs that led to the second floor.