Chapter 49💋

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It has been three days since Pearl hasn't eaten anything. Her stomach was completely empty and was craving for some food. Even her body was becoming colder from the lack of nutrition.

Everything was pitch black, only the taste of pre-heated chicken soup was present. Pearl didn't know why, but she was suddenly dreaming about eating Venus' food in her slumber. She licked her lips lightly as the taste of soup became more prominent in her mouth.

Did dreams even feel this real?

There was softness all over her body and something was covering her just like a blanket. When did the floor become this soft?

Pearl slowly opened her eyes, her blurred vision becoming clearer as she focused on her surroundings. She realized that there was someone sitting beside her, it was Venus. What was she doing here?

Wait...

Actually, the real question here is...

Why was she laying on the bed? Wasn't she forced to sleep on the floor these past few days?

The blanket from the bed was covering Pearl's body. She was still wearing that strapless grey dress that Venus had lent her. Her wrists were firmly bound with the handcuffs and the long chain attached to the wall. Nothing had changed apart from the fact that she was now laying on the soft bed that she wasn't supposed to be sleeping on.

The sunlight was coming from the window, illuminating the bedroom along with the orange light from the lamp on top of the nightstand. It was already morning again.

"You finally woke up." Venus uttered in a soft tone of voice as she placed a spoonful of soup against Pearl's lips.

No wonder the taste of soup felt so real. It turns out that it wasn't a dream, but that Venus was actually feeding Pearl while she was unconscious. This woman seriously had the nerves to give Pearl some food after having tortured her for three days in a row?

This had to be some kind of joke!

Pearl moved her face to the side, not wanting to eat the food even after already trying it. It was delicious, but that didn't mean that it wasn't poisoned, and she also didn't want to die.

"Eat it." Venus told her in a calm manner. There was no hint of threat in her voice anymore and that was really bizarre from her. She would usually get pissed easily, but this time she was being peculiarly patient with Pearl.

Pearl shifted her gaze from Venus to the spoon and replied flatly, "No." Her voice cracked a little because her throat was dry.

"You haven't eaten for days, you have to eat something or else you will die of starvation." Venus insisted.

What the hell was wrong with Venus today? Was she being for real? Why was she acting like this?

Pearl wanted to laugh with sarcasm at the response that Venus had given her. She had never seen Venus being this genuinely caring with her for the past few days. What exactly happened to her that she became this gentle all of a sudden?

"Why don't you just let me die then? Wasn't that what you wanted to do from the start?" Pearl wanted to sit up, but her entire body was still sore after being whipped roughly with the belt last night. At the end, she gave up and just remained laying down on the bed.

Venus shook her head, letting out a sigh. "Stop being stubborn and just eat the food, Pearl."

"I don't want-! Mm!" Pearl couldn't finish what she was saying because her lips were instantly sealed by something causing her to muffle the sentence.