Chapter 15

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Saturday evening quickly arrived, and Kai and her bodyguards were currently at the place where the diamond auction was taking place. It was in another luxurious hotel, at the dining area with an enormous stage.

Paris, Pearl, and the other bodyguards where currently standing in their positions, in different corners, observing their surroundings, while Kai was silently sitting down at one of the fancy tables of the dining room, waiting for the event to start.

Venus was also attending to the event, and when she arrived, she saw that Kai was sitting alone, and so she decided to sit with her for a while.

When their drinks were served at the table, they both enjoyed it silently, but still not conversing with each other. They really didn't had a good relationship after all.

Kai didn't need Venus' company. Even less, she didn't want to witness how Venus was currently contemplating Paris with her penetrating gaze as if she was about to devour her or something. This was seriously irritating Kai to the bone.

"I see that you brought Paris with you tonight." Venus spoke first, shifting her emerald green eyes back to Kai.

Kai closed her own eyes, exhaling some air from her mouth before responding coldly, "Correct. What does that have to do with you? She is my bodyguard, why are you always looking for her?"

Venus lifted a brow with a sneer, "The real question here is, why do you care so much about her? Just because she is 'your bodyguard', doesn't mean that I can't be interested in her, right?"

Kai furrowed her brows at this, and clenched her fists under the table. She didn't respond to Venus since she thought that this conversation was a waste of time.

Seeing that Kai was ignoring her, Venus continued to push further, "Or...Do you perhaps like her, and you don't want to share her with others?"

If someone was able to receive a trophy for pressing all of Kai's buttons down, to the point of pissing her off, then Venus would definitely be the one to obtain the first place. Kai was restraining her anger back, because if she didn't, she would've probably beaten Venus to death right here, and right now.

There was another moment of dead silence between them before a sudden voice interjected, "Hey, Kai! We have arrived." This was Kai's crazy male friend from last time, he came with his girlfriend to accompany Kai in tonight's event.

They walked towards the table where Kai and Venus were sitting, realizing that the mood between them was already terrifying because of Kai's irritated expression.

"Well, I guess we'll talk more next time." Venus said before standing up from the table, leaving Kai and her friends alone.

The female friend glared at Venus as she walked away from them. "She is always bothering you, huh?" She turned her head back to stare at Kai and asked her, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just ignore that." Kai answered, feeling slightly relieved now that she was with her friends. She took a sip from her drink, refreshing her dry throat that was still burning from the anger.

The two of them sat next to Kai, one to the left, and the other to the right as they patted her shoulders to comfort her, even though they didn't know what the hell just happened between her and Venus. But, it was definitely not something good.

"Don't pay much attention to her. You know how Venus is. If she came here tonight, it's probably because she wants to compete with you to get the best diamond here. When that happens, just remember that you have to win no matter what." The Male friend encouraged.