Chapter 22

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

After soaking in the water for a while, Paris and Kai headed back to the truck, and started the fire to dry their clothes up. It was evening again, and it was getting colder at the forest.

They sat on the ground next to the fire silently, not mentioning the fiery moment that just happened between them. They didn't want to bring it up because they also didn't know why they did it. Everything happened so quickly, and they still couldn't process the reason why they kissed.

In that moment, they both felt like magnets, that slowly got attracted towards one another, until their lips met, and then, they couldn't part away for a long time. This intense attraction left both of them speechless after, and they decided that it was best to avoid talking about something that they didn't even know how to explain.

"What are you looking at?" Paris asked Kai, a faint blush was still on her face. She noticed that Kai was staring at her for a while, and it was making her even more embarrassed after everything that happened earlier.

"Nothing...I just realized that we have gotten a bit closer now than when we were back home. It feels like 'this time alone' has allowed us to get to know each other better." Kai explained, resting her own chin on her palm.

Paris thought about it for a second, and she had to admit that Kai was right. "True, although, you know more things about me than what I know about you."

"That's because my life isn't as interesting as yours. It's always the same things. Problems with the minor family, and people trying to kill me. Nothing is new." Kai sighed before continuing, "Anyways, is there anything else I don't know about you? Like, for example, what is your dream job?"

Paris turned her gaze back to Kai, wrinkling her brows slightly, taken aback by the random question. "What type of question is that?"

"Come on. We are here waiting for our clothes to dry. The least thing we can do now is talk about each other. But, if you don't want to, then that's up to you." Kai shrugged her shoulders.

Paris narrowed her eyes at Kai, reconsidering the question, and answered, "Okay, fine. Well, I always wanted to open a small bar by the beach. Especially if it is in a private beach." She smiled to herself thinking about this and explained, "I could just open the bar whenever I wake up. And then, close it again whenever I get tired."

Seeing Paris smile to herself like this, made Kai smile subconsciously too. "That is so you. I can tell that you like bars a lot."

"Yup, I love them. They are a fun, and I enjoy making drinks as well." With a bright smile still on her face, Paris asked next, "And, how about you? What's your dream job?"

"Mine?" Kai perked a brow hearing this, receiving a nod from Paris. "Well, I never really had one."

"Nah, you're lying! I don't believe you." Paris shook her head, smacking Kai on the shoulder playfully. "Everyone at some point of their life has had a dream job. I'm sure you also had one. Come on, tell me."

Kai turned her head to another side, avoiding eye contact. "I really don't have one."

"Waah, you're even avoiding my eyes. You're definitely lying. Come on, Kai! I told you about my dream job. If you don't tell me yours, then it wouldn't be fair." Paris insisted with a cute pout on her face.

Kai licked her own lips with no other choice and responded, "Promise me, that you won't laugh at me once I tell you."

"Why would I laugh at that? It's just a dream job. Don't worry. I won't." Paris scoot closer to Kai, waiting to hear her reply.