Chapter 35

Author's Note: This message is for my sweet readers - 'Best Luck Reading this Chapter!' Remember to drink some water and keep your cool down. Love you all!

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The male bodyguard, Paris, and Kai immediately headed to the dungeon of the mansion after receiving the news that Taylor had returned. Kai still couldn't process what was really happening. How could Taylor be alive after believing for years that she was dead? Was she deceived again by her?

When the three of them arrived to the prison cell, they were all able to see the person that was locked inside better. It was the same beautiful young lady that Paris saw that morning. She was unnaturally pale, appearing to be ill or something. Her wrists were restrained with a handcuff and a long chain attached to the dirty wall.

As soon as Taylor saw them entering the prison cell where she was locked in, her eyes that were lifeless, instantly became more brighter, as if Kai was her only hope here. What the hell happened to her for her to become like this?

"Kai..." Taylor uttered with a trembling soft voice as she slowly stood up from the ground. She looked so helpless.

Paris turned her gaze from Taylor to Kai after hearing this. Kai was silent for a while as she met eyes with Paris before shifting her gaze back to Taylor.

"You're still alive, huh?" Kai spoke coldly while placing both of her hands on the sides of her hips. It seemed like she was not planning to be nice at all with her.

"I can explain it to you, Kai." Taylor paused for a second to gulp down before continuing, "Since the day that you shot me, the gangs captured me, and they took me away."

"Well, you were working for them, what were you expecting?" Kai wrinkled her brows, feeling the anger slowly consuming her again. She needed to calm down, or else she might really snap at any moment.

"I had no choice. They took my family, and threatened me. That's why the only thing that I was able to do at that moment was sell the major family's information to them." Taylor explained, her eyes slowly reddening with tears. "I'm really sorry, Kai. For everything that I've done to you in the past. But my feelings for you were always true."

Hearing this, Kai couldn't help but to meet eyes with Paris again, as if to see her reaction. Paris was only silent all the time, analyzing the situation. They couldn't tell if Taylor was lying or not. But Kai still wanted to hear an explanation from her. She turned her gaze back to Taylor before speaking, "What the hell do you want now, then? Why did you come back?"

Taylor proceeded to explain, "Because...Kai, I really need your help. They're going to kill me. I have the information on who's behind all of this, and that's why they are after me. But, I never had the chance to see you and tell you."

Kai let out a deep sigh while closing her eyes, and opened them again, "Right now, I really want to kill you too. You know that, right?"

Taylor remained quiet hearing this. She only stared at Kai with those eyes that could cause anyone to feel pity for her. It was difficult to tell if all of this was just an act, or if it really was how she was feeling.

"Lock her up here and keep your eyes on her all night." Kai told the male bodyguard with a demanding tone. "We'll talk more about this tomorrow morning." She said before walking out of the prison cell with Paris, leaving the male bodyguard behind as he shut the door and locked up Taylor inside.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The next morning Kai was informed by the male bodyguard that Taylor had vomited on the floor of the prison cell. She was immediately taken to the nurse to check what was her condition.