Chapter 21💋

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It was night, and there was still no trace of Kai and Paris. The bodyguards were still searching around the dark forest, finding nothing other than trees.

While they were trying to find them, Pearl was still investigating the case in the mansion. She didn't know where the bandits came from, or who ordered them to attack Kai, but she had her doubts on someone. This someone was no other person than Venus.

After the second incident in the Hotel, it was normal for Pearl to suspect Venus. However, she knew that Venus had no intentions of killing Kai. She only wants to irritate her by playing with Paris. In other words, she is not responsible of the current incident with the bandits. There was another mole that was causing these incidents and they still couldn't figure out who it was.

In the meantime, it would be a good idea to keep an eye on Venus just in case she plans to make another move. Even if she is not the suspect, she is still a troublemaker that should be watched attentively.

It was already past midnight, and Pearl was driving all the way to the minor family's mansion to sneak in their house and find more clues. Pearl had the feeling that Venus was planning something against them, and she was going to make sure to figure it out sooner or later. Even if it takes months.

Pearl stationed the black vehicle a bit further away from the mansion, trying not to make it too obvious that she was there. She glanced around, noticing that Venus' car was not there. This meant good news, she could sneak in her room without her realizing it!

She stretched a hand, grabbing a black bag that was placed in the seats from behind. She opened it, taking out a black mask to cover her face. This mask had a hole in the eyes and in the mouth part for vision and for breathing. She was probably going to look like a thieve, but this was the only way she could hide her identity.

Out of the bag, Pearl also took a gun, she made sure that it had bullets, just in case she was truly in danger. She didn't think the minor family would murder her, but if they didn't recognize her with the mask, then anything could happen. She was going undercovered after all. Taking a gun would always be safer.

She was about to put the mask on, when all of a sudden, she saw lights from a car approaching the mansion. She jolted on her seat, taken aback by this. It was a red Ferrari. This was Venus' car!

"Shit! Why now, Venus?" Pearl cursed under her breath, thinking about why she has to be so unlucky all the time.

The gates of the mansion opened, and the red Ferrari entered, parking at the entrance. Pearl kept her eyes on the car, watching how Venus was getting out with a medium sized bag in hand. It seemed like she went to the store or something. But, who goes to the store at this time? It was past midnight!

After Venus entered the Mansion, Pearl was able to let out a sigh of relief. At least, she was able to feel more safe now, knowing that Venus didn't notice the black vehicle of the major family stationed here.

*Knock Knock*

The window of the car was abruptly knocked.

Fuck...Nevermind!!!

"AAHH!" Pearl yelled at the top of her lungs, her soul almost coming out of her body. She didn't know how, but out of nowhere, Venus was back outside, standing right in front of the black car, slightly bending down, staring at her through the window of the car. This was truly horrifying!

Pearl felt her heart thumping so hard, like it could burst out of her chest at any moment. She let out a quivering sigh before sliding down the window to speak first. "H-Hello, Ms. Venus. Um, what a coincidence."