Chapter 18

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Parker heard his phone vibrate on the table of his bedroom. When he went to check who it was, he noticed that it was an unknown number that he had never saved in his contacts. He felt somewhat disappointed seeing this since he was hoping for it to be Paris. He hasn't heard from her since the day she left the note, saying goodbye to him.

Without wasting anymore time, Parker slided his screen, answering the call. "Hello?"

"Is this Parker's number?" A husky soft voice from a young man was heard from the other end. This voice felt extremely familiar, it couldn't be 'him', right?!

"KL?!" Parker exclaimed, taken aback. He sounded both excited and shocked.

"Correct." Kyle answered him.

"Oh, my God." Parker muffled while covering his mouth with his hand. He couldn't believe that Kyle had actually called his number. "Yes, this is Parker."

Kyle, "Good to know. I was just calling you to ask, if you are still looking for a guitar tutor?"

"Yes, I'm actually still searching. I haven't found anyone yet." Parker responded, letting out a sigh at the end.

Kyle, "Well, would you still like for me to tutor you?"

"Wait, really?!" Parker couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Kyle, "Yeah."

Parker, "No way! You're joking, aren't you?"

Kyle let out a soft laugh before replying, "I'm not, trust me. You grabbed my attention the other day at the open house. You seemed like an interesting guy that loves music. I wanted to give it a try, and tutor you."

Parker was screaming internally from excitement. A wide smile was on his face while his cheeks were slightly blushing. He couldn't believe that his dream had come true. "Please, be my tutor, then!" There was a pause before he added, "By the way, how did you get my number?"

There was a short silence before Kyle replied calmly, "It's a long story, we'll talk about it another time. How about we meet up in the music room today at six to start our first practice?"

"Sure! I'll see you there, then." Parker agreed excitedly.

"See you." Was the last thing Kyle said before the call ended.

That late afternoon, they met up at the music room from the university, just like they had planned. The room was filled with different types of instruments, and Parker couldn't help but to glance around with interest. All of this felt like a dream to him.

"Do you want a snack?" Kyle asked Parker while aiming at the piece of chocolate cake that was on top of the table in the corner of the room. "I thought that you might like it, so I bought it for you."

Parker licked his lips, staring at the delicious looking cake. "Thank you, I will enjoy it then." He replied while sitting at the table, and began eating the cake. It was exquisite indeed, just like he had thought. He found it sweet that Kyle had thought of him and bought a cake for him. He felt like he didn't deserved to get a cake from someone as precious as Kyle.

"Do you like it?" Kyle asked as he enjoyed watching Parker eating it with delight.

Parker nodded quickly while chewing the food in his mouth. He looked extremely adorable right now, with the crumbs of chocolate in the corners of his lip.

Kyle let out a short laugh seeing this. "I can tell. Look at how messy you are getting." He brushed his thumb on Parker's lips gently, wiping off the crumbs.