Chapter 53🔞

Author's Note: There will be Explicit Content in this chapter. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It was late in the evening when Venus and Pearl went back inside of the safe-house after taking their time to grief for the loss of the hedgehog. There was a dead silence between them in the bedroom. They still couldn't process everything that occurred. They both sat on the bed beside each other with their heads lowered to the ground.

Pearl still couldn't believe that she chose to stay at the end. She had one lifetime chance to go back to the major family and she didn't use it. But she also knew that if she left Venus she would feel worse than if she stayed.

Seeing Venus so vulnerable cause Pearl's heart to crack into fragments. Deep down, she wanted to curse at herself for feeling like this. She shouldn't empathize someone who hurt her many times, both physically and emotionally. However, after getting to know Venus better, Pearl couldn't seem to blame her anymore.

Instead, she wanted to get to know her even more, and just...be there for her, try to comfort her. Venus lacked of attention, affection, love, care, and many other things. And Pearl wanted to be the one to show her all of the above. That there's still a reason to live and to remain strong even if things seem to be going towards the wrong direction.

The heartbroken Venus who trembled miserably in tears needed Pearl's support right now, and Pearl just couldn't refuse it. She also knew that she was starting to develop feelings for Venus that she couldn't ignore.

It's unknown for how long Pearl has been feeling this way. But she always knew that she had an attraction towards Venus, even before she was held captive. These emotions only got stronger the more she spent time with her. And she knew that Venus felt the same towards her because the more they got closer, the less Venus tried to harm her.

Pearl also knew how incredibly charming and sensual Venus is. Those soft and natural crimson red lips of hers, and emerald predatory eyes, full of emotion, yet now filled with pain and tears. In the beginning, Pearl didn't know that such Venus existed, but now she knew very well, and she couldn't leave such Venus behind.

"You know Pearl, my father bought this hedgehog for me on my birthday. I took care of it and whenever I felt down, I knew that I at least had something by my side that could listen to me rant and cry even though it wouldn't understand me, but it was still there for me. But...but now, he left me...he left me like everyone has." Venus was sniffing, sobbing, and choking as more tears rolled down from her eyes. "I didn't even get to name him properly and now he is all gone. I don't know why I have to feel like this. I don't understand myself sometimes."

The more Pearl listened, the more her throat became dry. She could feel all the pain, and it broke her heart even further. She opened her mouth, inhaling some air before uttering softly, "If you're feeling sad, then that means that the hedgehog was important to you. It's okay to feel like this. Don't think that it's ridiculous because is not."

Venus assented her head in agreement as she wiped the tears away with a hand. "You're right. Whatever my father gives to me I always treasure it even if he doesn't care." She covered her mouth with her palm and let out a low chuckle. "Everything that I love leaves me. My life is pathetic, isn't it Pearl?"

Pearl thought about this for a moment before replying, "But you still have Michael. Doesn't he love you?"

Venus shook her head, "Michael is no different. Even though I always try to defend and protect him, he doesn't seem to care either. He must be ashamed to have a sister like me." There was a pause in her words before she added, "It's so unfortunate to be born in the minor family. The 'minor' will always come last. No matter how hard we try to do things right, no one will ever see it." Another chuckle escaped from her lips as she shook her head slowly.