Chapter 37

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The next morning, Pearl woke up with a terrible headache because of how wasted she was last night. She didn't remember anything she did after getting drunk with a few beers that she bought at the liquor store. She also didn't know how she was able to drive back to the mansion while being drunk, but maybe God was protecting her this time from an accident.

As soon as she got out of bed, she took a pill for her headache, and took a quick shower to continue with the mission that she was assigned to do. She needed to make sure that this time Venus didn't escape from her sight or else she might really get fired from her job. She didn't know how much patience Kai will have with her, but she also didn't want to keep pushing it to the limits.

The reason why Pearl got drunk last night in the first place was because of anxiety. And to let out all that stress, she decided to get wasted with alcohol so that she could forget all the things that were on her mind, piling up like a volcano about to burst out. She was in a similar situation as Paris, but they had different tasks and concerns.

It was rare to see a person like Pearl getting so easily anxious since she would always try to view things in a positive way, and she would encourage herself to keep going even if things seem to be going towards a different path.

For her to be stressed out like last night, to the point of wanting to get drunk, is probably because she was really going through too much pressure that she could no longer handle, and she preferred to forget everything temporarily with a few beers.

That day, she had promised her boss that she would do a better job at investigating Venus, and she really thought that she would do well yesterday. However, she couldn't believe that she had messed it all up again, and lost track of Venus. She didn't know why, but whenever she followed Venus she would always get caught, or lose sight of her. This was the reason why she didn't want to be in charge of this complicated mission anymore. She was always so unlucky.

All of this was putting Pearl through so much stress because the last thing she wanted was to get fired by her boss after working for her family for five years now. This job was not only maintaining her, but also her grandparents that are living in an old village as mentioned previously.

Pearl could also sense that Venus knew about their plan, and that she was digging into her business without her consent. Just thinking about this made Pearl feel even more overwhelmed. If Venus really finds out that she is following her around, then what would she do to her?

Without wasting anymore time, Pearl headed out of the mansion after dressing up into her uniform and eating the breakfast from the cafeteria.

She knew that Venus would often go to the Casino in the mornings, and she drove all the way over there to follow her. This time, she had to make sure that she doesn't ruin things again. It was going to be another long day for her.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

In the afternoon, Pearl received an incoming call from Kai. She answered it almost immediately because she knew that the only person that would call her right now would be her Boss. "Hello, Ms. Kai? Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I was just giving you a quick call to inform you that I will be leaving the mansion in a few minutes with a group of bodyguards. The evidence of the gangsters that Taylor promised to hand us is in a copy of an USB stick that she hid inside her house before she was captured by them. We will be heading over there with her now. I don't want to continue wasting anymore time with her." Kai paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before asking, "By the way, before I go, I wanted to ask, how are things going for you?"