Chapter 46⚠️

Author's Note: There will be Triggering/Gore Content later in this chapter. If this is too much for you please avoid reading. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The next morning when Kai woke up, she found Paris sleeping peacefully next to her on the bed. It was still hard to believe that they were finally able to be together like this again.

They were both exhausted from all the misunderstandings and events that happened recently to them. However, they were also glad that they were able to get the evidence they needed to expose the malicious things that Venus has been causing to the major family. It was time to do something about it.

There has been so many things going on that Kai still couldn't process each one of them. One of the things that was concerning her the most was Pearl. She didn't receive any calls from her at all yesterday after the mission supposedly ended, just a text message that was almost sent at midnight. This was already suspicious, yet Kai didn't know what to do.

Was it really true that Pearl left to see her grandparents?

It was not rare for her to go visit them, but she had never left all of a sudden like this without informing Kai of it first. That's the reason why Kai found all of this a bit odd. She was having a headache as she pondered about everything. Perhaps it would be a good idea to call Pearl's grandparents to check if it was really true that she was with them just to feel a little bit more relieved at least.

Kai pressed a soft kiss on Paris' forehead before she slowly sat up in bed to grab her own cellphone from the nightstand. She glanced at the time from the lock screen, it was already nine in the morning. Pearl's grandparents were probably awake by now.

Kai remembered adding the Grandma's phone number one time, and it didn't took her long to find the contact on her phone. She placed the phone on her ear as it began to ring. She then stood up from bed to push the curtians and looked out the window. The weather was nice. Not too cold, not too warm. Just a little cloudy.

When the call was answered, the sweet old voice of Pearl's grandma sounded on the other end, "Hello, Ms. Kai?"

"Hello, Ma'am. I didn't wake you up, right?" Kai's voice softened as she replied. She spoke stern with everyone else, but with elder people like Pearl's grandma, she didn't had the guts to talk arrogantly.

Grandma: "Not at all. I was just making some breakfast and didn't notice the phone vibrating until now. Is there something wrong?"

"No, don't worry. I was just calling to ask if Pearl is home? I can't reach her at all. Her phone seems to be turned off. I was a little worried, so I just wanted to make sure that she was okay." Kai was trying to talk in a low voice since she didn't want to disturb her lover's sleep. Yet, Paris still seemed to have woken up no matter how low she was speaking.

Paris sat up on the bed, rubbing her drowsy eyes as she stared at Kai who was standing beside the large glass doors that lead to the balcony of the bedroom. She was talking to someone on the phone, and Paris couldn't help but to get a little curious.

Kai gave Paris a light smile, finding her extra adorable this early in the morning, and Paris returned the smile to her. They were back into good terms and this feeling felt refreshing. Waking up in the same bed as your beloved was one of the best things to experience again.

Grandma: "Oh, yes. Pearl is here. She is still sleeping right now. She must've turned off her phone when she arrived last night. I apologize for making you worry."

"No, Ma'am. There's no need to apologize. Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm more relieved now. Please take care of yourself." By the sound of it, Paris could already guess who Kai was talking to on the phone. This was most definitely Pearl's grandmother.