Chapter 9

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

A month has passed since Paris became Kai's head bodyguard. The days went by swiftly, and Paris was slowly adapting herself to this new environment. She would still cause some trouble every now and then, but they weren't as bad as before. Kai had already gotten used to her behavior anyway.

Training also began getting easier for Paris, and she realized that she had improved so much in such a short amount of time. She would now run faster and longer than other bodyguards. She could also hold her breath underwater for two minutes straight. And lifting weights was now easy-peasy. Despite of the severe training she received every day, her body remained slim, but it was definitely more toned than before.

The standard training tests took place today, and surprisingly, Paris had one of the highest scores of resistance. Pearl was also going towards that same direction, beating the scores of more than half of the male bodyguards. The bodyguards that had once judged them for being weak women, were now left flabbergasted by their sudden improvement.

"Great job today, Paris." Pearl praised her with a bright smile.

Paris smiled back, extending a hand to her, giving her a high-five. "You did great yourself too. Did you see their faces? Everyone was jealous of us today." She whispered the last part, letting out a giggle.

Pearl laughed silently along, shaking her head. "I think I wouldn't have improved without you."

"Nonsense! Don't look down at yourself." Paris patted her shoulder. "I'm sure you would've at some point, even without me."

One of the bodyguards heard their conversation from the corner where he was standing, and he couldn't help but envy them even more.

Paris noticed his glare, and gave him a mocking smirk. "What are you staring at, loser?" She striked back. This was the bodyguard that mocked her last time. How does that feel? Jerk!

Hearing this, the bodyguard clenched his fists, and walked away from them. Both Paris and Pearl laughed silently again. This was hilarious.

Pearl sighed with a smile, "It has been hard, but you have given me hope since the day you joined."

Paris stared at her with a smile for a while, thinking of how fortunate she has been for finding such a wonderful bestie like Pearl. She's literally everything someone would like to have. Beautiful, carefree, kind, encouraging, caring, and most importantly, loyal.

"I think we deserve a break as a treat for working so hard this month." Paris said, sliding her arm around the back of Pearl's neck playfully. "One of these days, I would like to show you a thrilling place where we can have a lot of fun. But to be able to go there, I'll have to convince Ms. Kai to come with us. My duty is to take care of her afterall. If she comes along, then we can both use it as an excuse to go there. What do you think? Should I try and tell her?"

Pearl raised her brows with curiosity. "Where is that place exactly?"

"Is a bit far from here. But is definitely worth it. I won't tell you much details because I want to surprise you." Paris explained, winking an eye at her.

Pearl pursed her lips thinking about it for a moment. The curiosity was killing her, and at the end, she agreed. "Sure. Let's try to convince Ms. Kai. But remember that our duty is to protect her as well."

"Yup!" Paris said excitedly.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽

That evening, Paris was informed that Kai wanted to see her. She wondered what she wanted this time. She already brought her the coffee, what else could she call her for at this time? It was already almost nine o'clock.