Chapter 70 - The Finale

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

THE FINALE

One Month Later

Weeks went by swiftly after the confrontation day between the two families. The chaos slowly started to settle down and things seem to be getting better afterwards.

Paris had officially become the leader of minor family, receiving the golden ring of the clan that symbolized the authority she had now in the family, along with Kai, who had already become the head of the major clan too. Kai wore the platinum ring of the clan like she always did, working beside her beloved in the company, hand in hand, never leaving her side. They were an inseparable couple.

Everyone knew about their relationship by now, it was the most well-known gossip between the two families. They didn't need to hide it anymore. Both made a good team and shared resposibilities together, making the job a lot easier and less stressful.

The new and old bodyguards of the two families respected the two women and followed their commands without protesting. Adjusting to these changes took some time for everyone, but everything was going smoothly and no problems arised so far. The two families were slowly growing closer, and started to get along as planned, a little at least, more than before.

The dazzling sunlight of the afternoon shined through the window, illuminating the hospital room as the air conditioner cooled the surroundings. It was a serene atmosphere. There was no loud noises disturbing the place other than the low beat sounds that came from the parameter machine as it monitors the heartbeat of the person laying on the bed.

The figure of a tall young boy stood beside the bed, staring attentively at the unconscious person laying on it. "Will Venus ever wake up? She has been sleeping for a month. I miss her so much. I don't want her to leave me just like Dad."

This was Michael. The fourteen year old boy who lost his father and was now waiting for his older sister to wake up from a comma. He was really pitiful but he had hope. Michael visited the hospital every single day, waiting eagerly for the day that his sister will wake up and hug him.

The person who has been driving him here was Pearl. She has been taking care of him for the past month. Taking him to school and making sure that he will eat all his meals. She made him company everyday so that he wouldn't feel lonely. Pearl was also praying for Venus to come back to them one day. She had faith.

"Don't worry, Michael. I'm sure that Venus will wake up one day eventually and come back to us. She will be fine." Pearl forced a smile, wanting to cheer up the teenager standing next to her. She extended her hand and stroked his head gently. The boy leaned his head against her shoulder for a while, letting her comfort him.

"I think I'll take a nap on the couch. Today my teachers gave out a lot of work and I'm feeling tired." Michael told Pearl in a soft tone. He was really kind to her.

People always spoke bad about Michael, mentioning how rude and spoiled he was with others, but with Pearl, he seem to be the total opposite. He treated her with full respect, just like if she was another older sister. He had developed a strong affection towards her in a short amount of time.

"Alright. I'll wake you up later to go back home together." Pearl replied and let him go rest on the small couch that was inside of the hospital room.

A few minutes passed and Michael had already managed to fall asleep, snooring with his head leaning back against the couch. Pearl was still standing beside the bed, staring at Venus' beautiful face that was peacefully sleeping.

"Venus, I know you can't hear me. But I wish you could. Your brother Michael has grown up so much in the passed month." Pearl uttered in a low voice, reaching out to grab Venus' hand, squeezing it and massaging it. "He is really strong, you know? He has been behaving so well these days and he is eating more now. He is ready to welcome you back, but you have to hurry because he is missing you so much...and me too."