Epilogue - Special Ending

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The snow was falling steadily from the sky one early morning. Like tiny diamonds fluttering lightly across the beautiful landscape outside of the main mansion. The place felt like it was adorned with fluffy layers of white pillows. It was a magnificent view despite of the cold temperature that was outside.

A black car from the major clan stationed in front of the entrance doors of the mansion as a male bodyguard waited for the two leaders to come, to drive them to their destination. Once he saw them approaching, he quickly got out of the car to open the door for them to get inside of the vehicle.

"It's fine. You don't have to drive us today. I will drive myself." Kai told the bodyguard while giving him a pat on the shoulder.

The bodyguard understood and bowed down politely. He closed the door of the back seats and opened the ones from the front seats before leaving from there to give the two leaders some privacy.

"We had three really important meetings to attend to this morning. Why did you rescheduled them all?" Paris asked Kai who was standing beside her.

"We are going to be visiting someone important today, so those meetings can wait for next week." Kai responded calmly, reaching out to adjust Paris' white scarf, covering her exposed neck properly since it was really cold outside. They were both wearing thick winter clothing.

Paris perked a brow, giving Kai a look. She was now curious to know who they were meeting today and why was that person so significant for them to even have to cancel all three meetings at once. "Who is it?"

"Can't say, but you'll see." Kai gave her a little smirk and turned around to get inside of the black car.

Paris rolled her eyes, letting out a deep sigh and followed behind her, not asking anymore questions. She didn't like surprises, especially the ones that are revealed beforehand but without giving any details. Those were the worse types of surprises! They always leave you hanging and the long wait was a whole torture!

Kai sat in the driver's seat while Paris on the passenger's seat in the front to sit next to each other. They buckled their seatbelts and without wasting anymore time, they drove away from there quietly.

Paris pressed the button to turn on the radio, putting on some pop music she found randomly and laid back on the chair comfortably with crossed arms.

There was dead silence between them for a few minutes as the pop music sounded in the background in a low volume. Kai noticed that Paris was not talking to her, which was strange because she usually does all the time when they go driving together.

She seemed a little grumpy this morning, maybe it was because Kai didn't tell her where they were going and that's why she got upset. Paris tends to behave immature sometimes, but Kai couldn't blame her because she was the same sometimes too.

They still needed to tolerate each other like in the past, but their love never faded despite of the ups and downs that they go through together everyday. Their love has been growing deeper and stronger every single day. That's why they are still sticking together like a gum. That's how couples should be, right? Be there for each other both in the good and the bad moments.

"How is Venus and Pearl doing? Have you contacted them lately?" Kai broke the silence first, attempting to lighten up the atmosphere between them on their way to their destination.

Paris was not going to respond to her, but she later felt bad for being mean and did reply at the end. "They are doing really well, as far as I know. Venus got discharged from the hospital a week ago and they are now taking care of a baby."