Chapter 65⚠️

Author's Note: There will be Violent/Gore/Triggering Content in this chapter. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

When the paramedics arrived to the mansion, they immediately carried the leader of the major family, placing his unconscious body on a stretcher bed and taking him to the ambulance vehicle. He seemed to have suffered from a heart stroke, and needed to be taken to the hospital as soon as possible before it's too late. It was already evening by the time they got to the hospital and the doctors were already taking care of the emergency.

A male bodyguard had entered with Kyle to the emergency room to check on leader's condition once the doctors gave them the permission to come inside. On the other hand, Kai decided to sit on the couch outside of the emergency room.

She was still in dismay, breathing heavily with tachycardia. Petrified to the core, not knowing what to do. Her fingers were interlocked, thumbs brushing against each other in circles, attempting to relief the extreme anxiety that was consuming her.

Loosing a mother was tragic enough, and the least thing she wanted right now was for her father to leave her too. This was too much to handle. Why did things needed to be this way? Where exactly did it go wrong?

After a few minutes, Kyle and the bodyguard exited the room again with a female doctor following behind them. The three of them approached the sitting Kai, all of them wearing a serious expression that was hard to read. Kai couldn't tell whether this was good or bad news, and it was making her even more agitated.

Kyle stared at his older sister before letting out a deep sigh. He sat down beside her resting his hand on her shoulder in an attempt to comfort her. He knew that the frown on her face meant that she was at the edge of bursting in tears, and believe it or not, that hurt Kyle deep inside.

It was heartbreaking to see a person like Kai in a state like this. She doesn't cry easily, but when she really cares for someone, her tears will always betray her. Kai was the closest one to their father out of the two. It makes sense for her to be the most affected here.

"I know that there's many things on your mind right now, Kai. You have many responsibilities to carry on your shoulders, but your mental health is the most important thing right now. You need to try to relax and then we can handle the rest together." Kyle paused briefly before continuing, "I'm aware that if the minor family finds out about this then more trouble might come in the future for the major clan. I believe that it's time to get serious and set up a plan together before the disaster takes place."

Kai felt her throat becoming dry as she listened. Whenever Kyle avoided a specific subject, that meant that it was definitely bad news. He was not getting straight to the point. He was not mentioning their father. Did that meant that...No...It can't be...

Eyelashes trembled with restraint tears. Kai had a bad feeling. Her chest was aching. "D-Don't tell me that f-father..."

Kyle closed his eyes and held his breath in for a few seconds. The stammering of her voice was too painful to hear. It was broken, cracking with sobs. Kyle assented his head before opening his eyes again, shifting his gaze to the female doctor standing in front of them. He breathed out and lifted up his chin to signal the doctor that she could now speak.

The female doctor nodded and proceeded to explain, "Ms. Kai, we want to inform you that your father didn't suffer from a heart stroke. He was actually poisoned."

Kai felt her heart sinking further at the mention of poison.

"We are still trying to figure out what substance was used to help you find the suspect. We've really done our best here, but...I'm sorry. Your father couldn't make it, unfortunately." The doctor bowed down her head with shame before turning around and leaving.