Chapter 13

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Fortunately, Kai and Venus didn't start a fight at the end. They continued to eat silently for the entire lunch break, and then Venus went back to her house. It was an intense afternoon for both Pearl and Paris.

Some hours passed, and the evening arrived swiftly. Paris was currently outside in the backyard, smoking another cigarette. She had already prepared Kai's tea, and she was basically free right now.

Well, not really.

In the distance, she saw a bodyguard approaching her. He was carrying a small bag on his hand. Paris wondered what he was bringing to her.

"What's up?" Paris spoke first, exhaling the smoke from her mouth.

The bodyguard handed her the bag, and responded, "Since you are Ms. Kai's head bodyguard, then you should be the one giving this to her."

"What's this?" Paris asked, not opening the bag even though she was curious to know what was inside.

"Those are some things that Ms. Kai asked me to buy for her at the store. Just give it to her, she needs it. If she doesn't answer the door, then just leave it inside her room. Ms. Kai is probably taking a shower right now." The bodyguard explained.

Paris didn't ask anymore questions and just went directly to Kai's room. She knocked on the door, and as expected, Kai didn't open it for her. She was indeed taking a shower like the bodyguard mentioned.

Without hesitating, Paris entered the room and placed the bag on a small table that was in a corner. She glanced around for a while, noticing how Kai's room was tidy and clean. No wonder she was a clean freak. Even her room didn't had a single piece dust floating around.

Taking advantage of the fact that Kai was in the shower, Paris began examining the room. There had to be at least one interesting thing that Kai was hiding in here, right?

She opened some drawers and cabinets, finding nothing interesting other than clothes and jewelry. Kai was seriously a boring person.

Just when Paris was about to lay on the large bed, to check how comfortable it was, the door of the bathroom opened abruptly. This was a master room, so there was a bathroom connected to the room.

Taken aback, Paris swiftly hid behind the curtains of the room. This was a stupid idea, but she reacted without thinking, and it was already too late to hide somewhere else.

There was an open space in between the two curtains, and through there, Paris peeked out to see. However, the person she saw was not Kai, but another woman.

The woman was wearing a white bathrobe, her dark blonde hair was wet, and her skin was pale. Paris couldn't tell who this was because she couldn't see her face from the corner she was standing. She was right now facing the woman's back. And for some reason, this woman seemed very familiar to her. Paris squinted her eyes, trying to figure out who this woman was, and why she was in Kai' room.

She then spotted Kai getting out of the bathroom. She sat down on the bed, wearing a bathrobe as well, but hers was black. Her black hair was also wet just like the other woman. Did they took a shower together?

"Ms. Kai, what's wrong? You don't call me over as often as you used to. Why did you wanted to see me again tonight?" The woman spoke as she began stripping Kai from her robe.

Paris eyes widened slightly seeing this. She didn't know what the hell was going on, but this was seriously unexpected. And that voice, from that woman. It was way too familiar. Wasn't this the same woman that she had to drive back home last time?