Chapter 68⚠️

Author's Note: There will be Violent/Gore/Triggering Content in this chapter. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The hours went by swiftly and the evening soon arrived. The confrontation between the two families was still on going at the main mansion. Like an endless war without a halting point.

Everything was falling into ruins, sacrificing countless of lives in a single battle, and leaving no hope left behind. There was one thing that was sure, the relationship between the Major clan and the Minor clan will never be the same after this.

"Hello? Parker? Can you hear me? Are you doing alright?" The concerned voice of Paris sounded through the other end of the call.

"Hey, I'm doing fine. I was about to take a shower while my friend is cooking some dinner to eat later." Parker answered her as he sat down on a comfortable looking couch that was located in the center of the spacious living room that he was currently in.

Paris: "Good. Tell your friend to keep the doors of his house locked at all times and don't hesitate to call me anytime. Please take care and be careful, okay?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll be fine. Don't worry too much. Take care of yourself too." Said Parker in a soft tone.

"Ma'am" was a nickname that Parker would often use to refer to Paris whenever she would get too concerned, or angry with him. It was an indirect way to tell her "Calm down, don't stress."

Paris let out a sigh, "Alright, then. I'm relieved to hear that you're okay. I have to go now. I'll talk to you later."

"Mhm, bye bye." Parker stared at the bright screen of his phone for a second before tapping the red icon and ended the call.

He was quiet for a while, lost into deep thoughts and then got off the couch again, walking towards another direction of the house. The inside was incrediby huge, like a mansion, or in fact, it was an actual one.

Everything in this house was luxurious. The furnitures and decorations were probably worth more than five thousand dollars, or perhaps even more pricey than that. It was a magnificent place to live in, and it was clear that only a wealthy person could afford it.

This place belongs to Parker's friend. He has been staying with him all this time after Paris dropped him off at his University the other day. Parker left with his friend that day after class and he is staying in his house until all the chaos settles down. He will be picked up by Paris again in the same spot of the university like they had already agreed last time. All that was left to do is wait and see what happens next.

Parker strolled around the house for a while until he reached the kitchen where he spotted two maids sweeping and mopping the area, while two others were helping the tall young man prepare the dinner.

The young man was extremely handsome. He was wearing an apron and the long sleeves of his shirt were folded up to his elbows. Parker had to admit that the man looked extra attractive that way.

The tall man was so concentrated on the cooking, that he didn't realize that someone had come to the kitchen. A maid had to tap on his shoulder to get his attention and let him know that Parker was here.

Parker curved his lips into a soft smile once the young man turned around and finally noticed him, making direct eye contact. It was admiring to see a wealthy young man like him so inspired to cook something. He has plenty of maids that could do it for him but he still insists in helping. It was quite sweet and humble of him.

"Was it Paris who called you?" The tall man asked him as if he was already expecting for it to be Paris. He seems to be close to Parker.

"Yeah, it was her. I think she was busy though because we had to hang up fast. She reminded us to lock the doors of the house again, haha." Parker let out a light laugh, making the other man smile slightly while shaking his head.