Chapter 17

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The next morning, Kai was the first one to wake up from her slumber. She slowly got out of bed, trying not to wake up Paris, and went to the bathroom to take a shower first.

In the shower, she couldn't help but to muse about the wild things she did with Paris last night. She didn't know how their relationship was going to change after this, but she somewhat felt uneasy. What if Paris regrets everything when she wakes up?

These thoughts kept spinning on her head as she got out of the shower, drying herself with the towel before putting on the same clothes from yesterday.

When Kai got out of the bathroom, she noticed that Paris was already awake. She had probably woken up by the sound of the door opening and closing. Kai didn't know what to tell her. She didn't even know how to start a conversation with her anymore. Therefore, she decided to remain silent, waiting for Paris to speak first.

Paris was still laying on the bed, covering her bare body with the blankets. Her amber eyes were lacking some light, as if she was still exhausted and in a daze. She shifted her gaze towards Kai, who was folding her towel on top of the table of the hotel room. "What exactly happened to me last night?" Was the first thing that came out of her mouth. She did remember everything clearly, but she still wanted to ask to see what Kai would respond to her.

Kai inhaled and exhaled deeply, sitting on the edge of the bed. "You were drugged and abducted by someone." She paused for a moment before continuing, "But they didn't manage to do anything to you because I got here on time."

"Do you know who did it?" Paris asked, already knowing the answer to that. She already knew it was Venus because that's the name that the bodyguards called her. Yet, she still wanted to ask to see how much information Kai was informed about.

"I ordered Pearl and the rest of the bodyguards to dig more into it. They still haven't informed me about anything. But, they should've found out by now." Kai explained. "The first day that you walked into the major family's house, is the day that you got yourself in danger. This world is far more dangerous than what you think it is. This is just the beginning of things."

Paris stayed quiet, listening to this. She knew this from the start, but she was still not expecting for things to go this far, to the point that she would get sexually harassed by one of the members of the minor family.

"Are you okay?" Kai asked her after hearing no response from her.

Paris still didn't answer, but instead nodded at her. She lied. She was definitely not okay. She was drugged and sexually harassed by another woman. How could she be okay? She also didn't know how to feel towards what happened last night between her and Kai. All she knows is that it felt amazing, but she didn't know if these feelings were even right or wrong.

"I'll let you have one day off, then. Try to rest as much as possible so that you can start working again tomorrow. Also, go take a shower later." Kai told her before heading out of the room, to discuss more about the case with the bodyguards that were waiting for her in the main office of the hotel.

After Kai left the room, Paris headed to the bathroom to take a shower just like she was told. She would usually take showers with warm water, but this time she used cold water. She let the water pour down on her like it was nothing. It was like she was numb, not being able to feel anything anymore. Now she understood why Kai disliked the minor family this much.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

During the whole car ride back to the mansion, Kai was in a bad mood after being informed about the real identity of the kidnapper. She was this close to drive to Venus' house to shoot a bullet on her skull, but she was forced by her bodyguards to go back home because her father wanted to see her immediately.