Chapter 23💋

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

It was dim inside the pit, only a bit of sunlight came from the hole above them, illuminating the surroundings. The pit was fortunately not that deep, which meant that the fall was also not that high to cause any serious injuries, or death.

The most that Kai and Paris suffered from the fall is probably just a few scratches and a small bump on the head. Nothing to be concerned about. Their bodies did feel sore though by the impact with the ground, and they couldn't move for a few minutes.

They thought for a moment that they were seriously about to die, but fortunately, that was not the case. They were extremely lucky this time.

"Ah!" Paris groaned in pain, feeling all her body sore. She couldn't even move a finger.

Kai heard this, and immediately asked with concern on her voice, "Are you okay?" She was also laying down on the ground just like Paris, attempting to sit up, but it was too painful.

"Yeah, I'm okay. My body just hurts a bit. That's all. And you? Are you okay?" Paris asked back, her voice sounding weak as she was still trying to process everything that just happened. She could still feel her own heart thumping rapidly with fear.

"Ugh, Yeah...I'm okay." Kai groaned softly, finally managing to sit up slowly on the ground. She then lifted Paris up by the arm, helping her sit up next to her as well.

Paris gazed at her surroundings, and up to where the hole was above them, it seemed almost impossible to get out of here without a rope. They could try to climb, but the handcuffs wouldn't allow them to move properly. Everything would be useless. "What should we do now?"

Kai lowered her head to stare at the handcuffs, seeing all the bloody mess and the deep cut that was left on their wrists. This was truly horrifying. "I don't know, but we have to get out of here as soon as possible. We are losing too much blood. Do you think you can stand up now?"

Paris glanced at their injured wrists, letting out a deep sigh, and shook her head. "No, not yet. Just give me a minute. My body still hurts all over." The cut was burning so badly, and this was making her even more frustrated. "Damn it! If we weren't cuffed like this together, then none of this would've happened in the first place! This is so annoying!"

"I know, but...At least, this has allowed us to know each other better." Kai tried to encourage Paris, holding her hand gently. "We will get out of here sooner or later. Don't worry."

Paris gazed back up at the hole above them, and spoke, "You know, when I heard the bodyguards earlier, I had so much hope that we would be able to get out of this place. But now, I don't really know anymore. We are stuck down here, in this hole, with no food and water. It feels like we are going to be staying here forever."

Kai, "Wouldn't that be nice though? To be able to stay here forever?"

Paris lifted her brows at this, and then wrinkled them slightly. "Are you crazy? Have you become insane in these past few days that you have been in the woods, huh? What do you mean by all of that?"

"I don't know." Kai shrugged and explained, "I just know that being here feels nice. I got nothing on my shoulders. I don't have to follow a schedule either. I feel free. It's like I get to be myself once again."

Paris remained quiet for a moment, analyzing what Kai had just told her and smiled softly, "Well, I really like this side of you. It's cute and kind."

Kai also smiled slightly, hearing Paris flattering her like this. She shifted her gaze towards Paris, meeting eyes with her. Those amber eyes of Paris were shining so beautifully in the dark, they almost seemed like two shooting stars. The more Kai stared at them, the more regret started building up inside her heart. "Paris." Kai called her name in a soft tone.