Chapter 26

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The ringtone of a cellphone resonated inside the living room, waking up Parker from his nap after having an exhausting day with studies.

He slowly opened his eyes with difficulty, and took a glimpse at his phone that was still vibrating beside him. When he saw the name of the person that was calling him, he was instantly fully awaken. It had to be Kyle.

Parker sat up on the couch, still glancing at his phone. He felt his heart accelerating just by reading Kyle's name on the screen of his phone. His cheeks reddening faintly. He definitely had developed a crush on Kyle already.

Without wasting anymore time, Parker slided the screen of his phone, answering the call. "Hello?" His voice cracked a bit saying this. He didn't know if it was because he had just woken up, or if it was because he was nervous.

"Hey." Kyle responded in a soothing and husky voice. He didn't sound nervous at all, compared to Parker. "Uh, I know we have tutoring this evening, but can we change it for this afternoon this time?"

"This afternoon?" Parker repeated as he took another glimpse at the time on the screen before placing his phone back on his ear. It was already 2 pm. Which meant that their tutoring would start soon. "Oh, yes, of course. That's fine for me. Should I head to the music room right now just like last time?"

"The music room is unfortunately reserved today by the band students who are rehearsing for an upcoming concert. But, I'll come over to tutor you at your place." Kyle explained.

Parker's eyes widened slightly hearing this. He glanced around the living room, seeing all the mess that there was. There was paper wraps and clothing scattered like a jungle all over the living room. He couldn't allow Kyle to come over without first cleaning this whole mess. "My place?! Um, I, well...It's not very convenient for you to come here." He swiftly stood up from the couch and began organizing everything that was around him.

"Hm? Why?" Kyle asked.

"The thing is...My place, um, it doesn't have any light. The power has been cut a while ago." Parker lied, hoping for Kyle to have another place in mind where they could practice together.

Kyle, "Oh, I see. Mmm, but, it's already too late. I'm actually in front of your house now. So, I guess I'll come and help you fix that too before starting the tutoring."

Parker was currently holding a pile of clothes and papers that he had just picked up from the floor. However, this pile didn't last long because it tumble back down to the ground as Parker tripped on his steps hearing what Kyle had just told him. He turned his head to look out the window, and noticed that Kyle's dark-blue car was already stationed outside. He was seriously fucked up right now.

Kyle got out of the vehicle with the phone still against his ear, and a guitar case on his other hand. He could see Parker through the window of the house, and he curved up his lips, giving him a slight smile.

Parker didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He could only lift his hand to wave at him awkwardly before opening the gates for him, and letting him enter the messy house.

Once they were both inside, Parker proceeded to explain, "Um, actually. I lied earlier. The electricity was not cut down. The reason why I lied is because I haven't had the time to clean the house, and it's embarrassing. I didn't want you to come in and make you uncomfortable with this."

Kyle gazed around, examining the surroundings. The house was indeed a jungle, but he didn't want to make Parker feel even more abashed than what he already was, and he replied, "It's fine. It's not that bad." This was a lie, of course.