Chapter 11 ~ Sleep Hygine

Now, I was sitting infront of a young lady who claims herself as a psychiatrist

Now, I was sitting infront of a young lady who claims herself as a psychiatrist. I had Xavier beside me which was a little soothing.

I rarely came to hospital. Maybe only 2 or 3 times and never had been to a psychiatrist.

"What's with your sleep pattern?"

"I mostly kil- work on late nights. Sometimes when I feel asleep, I would be in a mission to kil- er work. And when I finish my work, I don't feel asleep anymore and simply feel exhausted as hell."

"Oh. You want to sleep. But you can't."

"If I'm right, that's what I said.", I'm sick of repeating something again and again.

"Ok. What about your sleep history? When did it start and how did it?"

I'm already sick of repeating things.

I looked at Xavier and I want him to tell that lie to the doctor. Well, half truth.

"Well doctor. Let me explain. She first got it when she was 8. She was drugged with something that kills you if you sleep. She was awake for days keeping herself alive. Then, she was rescued by her father. That's it. Am I clear?"

"How many days exactly?"

"6 days", Xavier finished and the doctor nodded. Then the doctor looked at me.

"So you've experienced sleep deprivation. You have to undergo some tests because your insomnia night be chronic. You should've got it checked the day after you were rescued. You shouldn't have left it for years."

"Is that chronic thing you're talking about serious?", Xavier asked and the doctor nodded.

"Impaired ability to concentrate, poor memory, difficulty coping with minor irritations, and decreased ability to enjoy family and social relationships. Reduced quality of life, often preceding or associated with depression or anxiety. Or a lack of coordination, leading to errors or accidents.", The doctor said and I gulped.

Is insomnia that serious? Shit! Google is better than this lady.

"Please stop. I don't want to hear anything more. Is it curable or not?", I said as she understood.

"What's the tests? We can take it right now and figure out the solution.", Xavier said and the doctor nodded.

"It's not really serious tests. We'll ask her few questions deeply about her sleep pattern and other things. Then, we'll suggest you some good habits which should be followed regularly."

"So it will go away. Am I right?"

"Yes.", She said and relief pooled in me. I would've fainted if she said it isn't curable.

Xavier was asked to wait outside and I was asked some stupid questions like she showed me a picture and asked me if it's sunrise or sunset.

After all the questions, Xavier was asked to come inside again and took a seat beside me. Why was he waiting outside just not to hear her stupid questions?