Chapter 28 ~ Antidote

He was driving towards the hospital which was 25 minutes away

He was driving towards the hospital which was 25 minutes away. I noticed that his driving became a bit slow. He was sweating and breathing heavily.

Please don't be what I'm thinking..

"What happened, Xavier?", I asked with a fear if his food was poisoned too.

"I- I don't feel well. Can you drive?", He asked and I felt more scared about him now.

"You fine?"

"Can you drive!?", He asked again. I could see him struggling.

"Ok..", I said and I switched to driving seat where he sat in the passenger seat beside me. I drove as fast as I can. It won't be a problem once we reach hospital.

I saw blood spilling from his mouth and my eyes was filled with tears.

"Xavier, are you-"

"Drive!", He said cutting me off but I couldn't focus on driving when he was struggling like this. I turned to him where I saw him laying his head on the headrest of the seat.

His mouth was bloodied and he was struggling. I was now sure everything came out of my control.

I sobbed thinking about everything. I don't know what else I should do to save the people I love. Why me!

I speeded the car more and looked at him who lost consciousness completely. I patted his cheeks while driving the car but he showed no response which scared me.

"Please, be alive!", I said crying. I don't want to lose the first and last person who I could fall I love. I love him till I can give my whole life to save him. He was the person who showed the good side of this world.

I never thought life could be this good. It was him who showed me. I was determined not to lose him. As I was thinking about Xavier, the anger on my father was increasing and was turning into rage.

This rage of years is going to burn him one day and that day is not so far.

I reached the hospital and opened the car door and tried to wake him up again but no change.

The car which was following us halted and Alice and Leonardo stepped out. They were shocked to see Xavier was unconscious.

"What happened to him?", Leonardo asked.

"He was driving when he suddenly felt ill. He asked me to drive and then he fell unconscious.", I said crying.

Xavier and Monica was taken inside by stretchers. They were taken to emergency ward and we were waiting outside.

It was so torturous for me because it's the love of my life who was inside the emergency ward. I'm pretty sure my father have set men inside the house to poison their food.

I won't spare him for this. I would never give him a chance to live.

I was fuming in anger when my father was walking towards us. Alice was crying on Leonardo's shoulder and he was soothing her that they will be fine.