Chapter 54 ~ Let Her Go

She was taken the emergency ward and I was still waiting outside

She was taken the emergency ward and I was still waiting outside. I don't know how long it had been since she was taken inside but it's way too long.

I don't know why but I wish Luca could come back and say that she's fine. I don't know why I can't leave her like I did last time.

I just couldn't..

Just then, I saw my men drag Enzo and throw him on my feet and he groaned in pain.

"What are you doing?", I asked my men standing up.

"We were ordered to, boss..", he said with his head down while I saw my dad walking in.

"Dad, what are you-"

"He betrayed us, Xavier. You youself can ask him what he did.", He said and I looked at him who was still on the floor with blood all over his face.

"What the fuck did you do, Enzo?", I asked and he took a breath for a second.

"Please don't kill me. I- I just did it because Grabiel asked me to. I did it for money and I won't repeat it again. I'm so sorry."

What did Rosana's father asked him to do?

"First fucking tell him what you did.", Dad yelled at him.

"I- I blackmailed Rosana telling that I'll kill you. I swear it was just a blackmail and I never thought about killing you.", He said each word in fear. I scoffed.

"Even if you think about killing me, could you have killed me?", I asked and he stayed silent.

"Fine, when and why did you blackmail her?"

"One year back.. when your sister died.. it was Gabriel who killed killed your sister. To escape, he just put all the blame on Rosana. He know that Rosana will try to tell the truth to you so he asked me to blackmail her so that she will not tell the truth and accept the blame herself just to keep you alive..", he narrated the whole instance and I felt my ground slipping off my feet.

These days I was sure that Rosana was the one who killed because she accepted that she killed my sister when she was in the basement.

It was me who poisoned you both.. I did it because I wanted to be the mafia queen.

No, it was me. He's lying

The words she said was ringing in my mind and now I know why she did all this. She did all these to just save me and I was just wishing nothing but her sorrow.

Something inside me was eating me alive while I heard him sob.

"I'm sorry. I just did it to revenge her. I did it because she killed my father.", He explained crying.

"You already know her father will be the person who orders her to kill people. It's dumb of you to team up with him.", I said.

"No, it wasn't Gabriel who ordered her to kill. My father and Gabriel are good friends and years ago, my father— raped her so she killed him. I was beyond mad because of the way she killed him. She killed him brutally. I was raged and— I'm sorry..."