Chapter 45 ~ Spice

I was preparing coffee for him while on the other hand, I was making sandwich for them

I was preparing coffee for him while on the other hand, I was making sandwich for them. He was watching TV as Ciana was requesting about something serious.

I have no idea about what's happening but I kept making coffee. In few seconds, the coffee was ready to serve.

With the coffee cup in my hand, I approached towards him in slow pace. He took the coffee immediately and started sipping it.

"Baby, you have to hear me. You can't say me you can't-"

"Just stop it. Fine, I'll take you to mall. Don't just whine..", he said in his sweet tone to her and I was kind of jealous.

But, I know it doesn't matter anymore..

I went back to the kitchen and served the sandwiches in plate. Is it bad that I don't know any dishes that are complex?

I shook those thoughts out of my head as Ciana and Xavier both took a seat on the dining table. Ciana looked so tensed which I don't know why. But, the slightest evil part of my mind was enjoying it..

They ate their breakfast in silence as Xavier looked at me.

"What did you eat today?", He asked.

"I didn't yet.."

"So what have you planning to eat?", He asked and I have no idea why he was asking me about that.

Is something evil going on in his mind?

"I don't know."

"Then, with all pleasure, shall I arrange something for you to eat, till your death?", He asked with a smirk and I immediately knew it was something evil.

"No thanks.", I said politely pouring water in glass.

"As you told me, you're still my wife. I have rights to do best for my wife, am I right?", He asked with sarcasm playing in his voice and Ciana shot me an angry glare.

So, this is what wrong with Ciana?

I don't know what else to say. He's gonna make me eat something bad no mattar if I refuse or accept.

"You're wasting your time, Xavier. If you're planning something, just do it and leave for your work.", I said and he clenched his jaw tightly in anger.

I have no fucking idea what he's going to do but I don't care anymore. I know I'm going to die anyway. Either through Xavier's hands or from my brain haemorrhage, it's going to be painful death either way.

But, before my death, I want to save my brothers. Ella and Jacqueline and waiting for him and I should keep my promise.

"You have no idea how bad your brothers conditions are. They're starving, rotting in that ugly basement..", he said purposely to play with my mind.

I scoffed. Not like it's new for us. Or father has done way worse than this. And, I'm living here with the only hope that they'll be able to face that situation.