Chapter 29

TRIGGER WARNING:

there will be sexual assault in this chapter

proceed with caution, I trust you know your triggers

Why am I allowing Ares to have such an effect on me?

I should be able to go out without that dreadful feeling eating away at me. To party. To let go, for once.

With those thoughts in my mind, I let Caleb convince me to go to a party later today. I've got to enjoy these times, and shouldn't be held back by anything or anyone.

Glancing down, I look at the little piece of paper where some lyrics are written on. The same note I found the night when we performed in Glastonbury.

"It was my obsession that became my downfall
The taste of sinning that took my breath away
and your fall that gave me the satisfaction I needed
to be able to move on"

Tapping my pen against my lips, I think about some following lyrics that fit the theme. I haven't had the time to think about the possible lyrics and sat down to ponder about them, but now they come so easily.

I start writing, replying to the lyrics above.

"Though, could I have moved on
if the taste of your lips still lingered?
the memory burned on my skin,
imprinted on my mind forever"

"Ella," Caleb muses from outside my door, "you better be ready to party in Sydney."

"Don't worry, I'll be there," I yell back and hear his fading chuckle as he continues down the hallway.

Glancing back down at the paper, I take it in my hands and go over the writing again. I know this is Ares' writing. Some of his lyrics are posted on Dopamine's account, or Ares posts some on his Instagram.

Not that I follow him. I check up on him sometimes.

That's all.

Now that he's left me a note, it's my turn to respond with my reply and leave him the little piece of paper.

I don't know what these lyrics mean, but I'm cherishing the fact that he's written me some lyrics. That he shared them with me.

Now, it's my turn to share.

Getting up, I rummage through my clothing and find a black skirt, a lace top, along with a pair of black boots and call it a day.

I then curl my hair and once I'm done, I lean back with an impressed look on my face. When my hair is done, I quickly do my makeup and remember all the steps Delilah and Toby go through when they do my makeup.

Satisfied with the base of everything, I contour, add highlight and apply a shit ton of mascara to my lashes.

To finish it all off, I paint my lips a soft, red color.