PART 48

*** Sexual and Violent Story ***

KinnPorsch Story by Daemi

RECAP by NALIN

Day 7: This was the last day of the funeral. The cremation was done tonight. Tankhun was crying and screaming for Pete in front of the retort (cremation chamber). He was wretched and at the edge of losing consciousness. Pete was very close to Tankhun. They have sent off Pete's grandma and grandpa at the airport. He promised them that he would follow them to the island with Pete's ashes. They planned to take Pete back to his ocean water... Pete probably would like that.

After they have come home, Tankhun set up two 55-gallon drums in the yard and started to burn more Kong Teck paper (Gong De). Today was another day that Khun would be burning the paper for Pete. He was worry and wanted to reassure that Pete has plenty of what he needed.

--- PORSCHE ---

"Yesterday I sent you the house and cars but I forgot to give you the keys. Here you go, Pete!!", Tankhun said and threw the keys into the fire.

"Jesus!!!!!!! Do we have to do this every day?!! He has gone to a better place. Stop being so theatrical", K.Korn was loudly rebuked Tankhun.

"Dad! If Pete didn't have the keys, how would he get into his house and cars??!!!" Tankhun irritably answered his dad as this was an obvious issue. K. Korn fed up... he could only shake his head in disagreement. Arm and Pol were by the bonfire the rest of us were observing it by the front entrance of the big house.

"I ordered an investigation on Pete... I don't believe that he died." Kinn hung an arm on my neck.

"Who is it this time? Who did you send to die into the mine field?", I was half-joking. I tried to act normal... there was a lot going on in my mind about Kinn since I met my uncle Tee. Several unsettling questions...

"I told P'Chan to get me people. They are going out to collect camera footages along the route that Pete used." Kinn softly stroked my hair. I, too, don't want to believe that the body was Pete's... as long as we didn't have the DNA result... but...

"Your brother put out this much. If Pete was still alive... I don't want to imagine. [Chuckle]", I said while watching Tankhun... he was now crying pretty bad because of the smoke from the burning paper. Today was worse than yesterday. He ordered 50 of our body guards to stand commemorating Pete around the steel drums.

"Here... The southern spicy chili paste that you loved so much. I told the kitchen to prepare it for you this morning", Tankhun said and threw the chili paste into the fire. The blaze went wild while the smoke and smell of the burned chili and garlic got everyone coughing and crying.

"[Coughing! Coughing! Coughing!!!]" K.Korn, P'Chan, Kinn, Kim, Chey and I were covering our faces with our shirts. Geeze!! I never saw anybody burn actual chili paste for a dead person, for God's sake!!!