34

Everyone stood from their seats as Kai smirked at them all. Next to Liz, her father took an angry step forward. Kai raised his hand and a screeching noise sounded through the building.

I fell to my knees holding my head. People around me screamed in pain as the sound invaded their heads. My brain felt as though it was melting.

Looking up, I saw Kai standing proudly as he watched everyone cry in pain. Scanning the crowd, he smiled.

"Miss me?" He asked no one particularly. "No? Oh, well."

In the next second he pushed his hands forward making the glass windows behind him shatter. The shards of glass flung out at the crowd and the wind pushed everyone. A large gust of the wind shot through me, pushing me towards the chairs behind me.

My ears rang as the building crumbled around me. I heard the footsteps of some people running for their lives.

"Elena won't wake up," I heard Damon cry.

"Get her to the hospital now," Stephen said.

"We need to hurry and find Zaylee," Caroline said.

I wanted to scream for their help, but I couldn't move. I couldn't even open my eyes. Pain surged through me, but I didn't know what was wrong.

Hearing a loud crack and a thud startled me enough to open my eyes. With my head turned, I was able to see Careoline and Stephen falling to the ground. Behind them stood Kai.

"Nothing personal, but this is a family matter now."

Kai looked up to me. As our eyes met, I tried to push myself backwards. Pain shot through my stomach, making my look down. Sticking out of my stomach were two large pieces of glass. My green dress was turned red with blood.

As Kai walked closer, I tried to push myself back. Wincing, I quickly picked my hand from the ground. The entirety of my palm was being cut by the glass shards on the ground.

"If you keep moving, you'll only hurt yourself more ZeeZee," Kai said as he crouched in front of me.

My heart raced as I stared. My body felt frozen. Seeing my fear, Kai smirked down at me. His hand reached out and cupped my bloody face, smearing the liquid.

"I'll be back for you," He whispered.

Leaving me, Kai started walking towards the crying Alaric. In his arms lay the dead Jo. As he headed towards them, his father stood from near me. He began chanting a spell. Kai laughed when others started chanting.

"Let me guess, prison world?" He teased. "You can't kill me or else you all die too."

Kai moved to talk to Alaric, crouching over Jos body. While he was talking about Alaric dead wife and kids, I tried to move. My body screamed at me as the glass dug further into my flesh. Gasps left me as I moved back a little. Though, I couldn't move far as the fallen chandelier was behind me.

Hearing Kai moving again, I tilted my head to look up. He was raising a large piece of glass towards his neck. My mouth fell as he started coughing blood. He smirked as his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell dead to the floor. His body lay as still as I was, frozen in shock.

Around me the witches started coughing as they bled from their mouths. I looked around for Liv, seeing her far away from me laying next to Tyler. I tried to move toward her, but a metallic taste filled my mouth, telling my that the wound had punctured my stomach.

I turned my head in Livs direction, seeing her crying. Next to her, Tyler was moving. I watched as he leaned over her, kissing her bloodied lips. Tears spilled from my eyes as I watched him place his hands over her mouth and nose.