20

"All right, I need a 12 gage needle stat." Kai yelled as he dried his hands. Elena and I simultaneously rolled our eyes. "Don't know what I'm going to do with it, but I'm gonna need it." Elena crosses her arms. "You're not a doctor stop playing games. I'm a vampire, and I will rip your head off if you mess this up." Kai just chuckled at her.

"So do your little stupid magic trick and suck the magic out of her." I spat gripping the side of the bed. "Ha that's funny." He said before putting his hand on Liz's wrist and behind her neck. He took a deep breath in as Liz grabbed my hand.

Kai started to siphon the magic and Liz groaned a little. A few moments later jo walked in. When she saw Kai she had the same reaction I did. "What is he doing here!?" Damon groaned in annoyance. "I'll let him explain." Elena said. Damon walked out into the hallway with Jo and I followed behind. I wanted to know what Kai was getting out of this.

Damon took us to a room and explained what Kai was doing. "Wait but what does Kai get out of this?" I asked. "He wants to merge, tonight." "What!?" Jo and I yelled at the same time. "I'm not ready!" Jo yelled at the vampire.

"Don't worry I have it all figured out." He said nonchalantly. "Damon, What did you do?" I asked worried. "I-" Damon was cut off when his neck snapped to the side killing him. A scream escaped my lips. Damon fell onto the floor as Kai appeared behind him.

"Magical neck snap. Never gets old." I glared at Kai. He looked at his sister. "This is the part where you start running." His signature smirk appeared on his face. "I spent my entire life running from you. I'm not going to run any more." She gulped.

Kai leaned forward and grabbed her arm. "Alright." He spoke before holding his other hand out towards me. Before I could react he said motus making me fly backwards into the wall. I hit my head and blacked out.

——

"Zaylee. Zaylee wake up." I groaned and opened my eyes. My head was pounding. I sat up and held my head. Crouching in front of me was Damon. "Damon what did you do?" I asked sadly. He sighed as he helped me stand. "What did you do?!" I said louder this time
"I told the leader of the Gemini Coven to make Luke and Liv merge in order to make it so Kai and Jo don't merge."

I ripped my hand out of his grasp and slapped him. "Damon they are my friends! You can't do that!" I yelled. "But now Jo and Kai are going to merge unless Liv and Luke haven't already." I started towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked stopping me. "To stop Liv and Luke. I know you won't follow me because you have to go to the sheriff." I knew I had gotten his there so I hurried out the door.

I ran around town looking for either set of the twins. Eventually when I made it to a park I heard chanting, but it sounded like two males. I sprinted towards the noise. As I got closer I realized the men chanting were Kai and Luke. I ran faster as I realized what they were doing. They were going to merge.

I saw a flight of light and heard glass break. The wind around me sped up. Soon enough I made it to the center of the park and I saw Kai and Luke holding hands chanting. On the ground a few feet away from them was Jo. She was just waking up.

"Luke stop!" She yelled. Nothing happened. "Luke don't do this!" I yelled. He didn't hear me. I ran towards them. "Luke!" I yelled. Right as I made it to them they stopped chanting along with the wind. Not even a second later they fell to the ground.

I caught Luke before he fell on to the concrete and sat on the ground with his top half in my lap. "Luke no!" Jo yelled as she crawled over to us. "Luke wake up! Wake up!" She cried. She gently shook him.

"What's going to happen to him?" I looked up at her with tears forming in my eyes. "He's fighting with Kai right now. We have to hope that he will win." She said as tears fell from her eyes.

So there we sat with Luke in my lap and Jo stroking his hair. Soon Damon showed up. Jo explained to him what happened while I watched Luke. She blamed him for Luke being there. I too was angry at Damon. It was kind of his fault.

As I watched look I saw his mouth open and he took in a breath. "Jo." I said hopefully. She looked down and a look of hope spread across her face. "Luke. Come on Luke." She said. I was praying Luke woke. If he didn't I don't know what I would do. Then his eyes opened, but he wasn't blinking. Jo gasped.

"No." She said. That's when I knew Luke was gone.  "Oh my god." Jo cried. "Luke." She said as she took his head out of my lap and put it in hers. Tears fell from her and my eyes. She hugged Luke. I was to in shock to think. I sat there looking at my lap where his head previously laid. "He's gone." I whisper.

"You win some you lose some." I whipped my head up to find Kai. When I looked at his smug face all I saw was red. "Except for me. I always win." At that moment I stood up and rushed towards him. "You bitch!" I raised my fist to punch him but he disappeared before my fist met his face.