23

I woke up the next morning feeling groggy. All the emotions of yesterday really wore me out. I stood from my bed and got ready for the day. So far this morning I hadn't heard any noise which was unusual. Most of the time everyone would be here trying to solve whatever problem was going on this week. The quiet was quite strange.

Once I was dressed I walked down the stairs to find no one home. I looked at the clock and it read 12:03. Strange. Maybe they're at the grill having lunch. At the thought of lunch my stomach growled so I made my way to the kitchen.

I spent most of the day sitting around the house. I didn't want to see anyone. I didn't want to do anything. Going back to my old life after the prison world has been hard. I still feel like things are off and I don't know if things will ever seem right.

All I know is one thing. I never want to see Kai Parker's face ever again. He ruined my life and now I have now clue what to do about it. I'm not in college any more. I missed out on months of my life. All the times I've seen him after getting out have been horrible. I despise that man.

The day went on and soon it was dinner time. As I walked into the dining room I heard someone talking. "What do you mean you can't find her?" I heard Damon yell as I sat down at the counter. "Did you check her dorm room?" He groaned. Who was he looking for? Elena? Damon then walked into the kitchen and I watched as he forcefully hung up his phone. "Everything alright?" I ask standing from my chair.

He sighed as he grabbed his hair. "Caroline turned her humanity off last night. She snapped Elena's neck then went to the bar and killed Liam." I gasped. Not only did Caroline turn off her humanity, but she killed someone. When her humanity is turned back on she's going to be a wreck. She will never forgive herself for thing, let alone all of the other bad things that are yet to come. "I knew I should have gone with her and Elena last night!" I growled.

Damon walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Don't blame yourself kid. This isn't your fault. If you were there I hate to say it but Care May have even snapped your neck." I cringe at the thought of one of my best friends killing me. "What are we going to do?" I was worried about what Caroline may do. I don't want her to hurt herself let alone other people.

"Right now we are all looking for her. We've looked everywhere. Her house. Her dorm room." He let out a breath of air then sat down on a stool at the counter. I sat down in my previous place next to him. All of a sudden Damon's phone started to buzz. Without hesitation he grabbed his phone and brought it to his ear. "Hello?"

His conversation went on and I only heard bits and pieces of it. Eventually he hung up. "Caroline is at a rave. The girls are in their way. I have things to sort out so while I'm out you're going with them." He said. I groaned.

"Alright, but if I get attacked tonight I'm blaming you." I sighed then walked out of the kitchen towards the front door with him following behind.

"You have Elena and Bonnie to protect you. I think Stefen is going to meet you there. Don't forget you can protect yourself little witch." He said ruffling my hair like I was a little kid. I rolled my eyes but smiled.

Leaning down I put on my shoes right before I heard the honk of a horn outside. I waved to him as I walked out the door to meet the girls. As we drove into town my stomach turned. I really didn't want to go to this party. I wasn't used to this life yet. Even before Kai happened I wouldn't be caught dead at a party. Now I was forced to go so I could find my friend that may try to kill me. I had a good reason to be anxious.

"Alright I think we need to split up." Bonnie said as we got to the rave. The music was loud and the lights were blinding. We gave each other a nod before walking in opposite directions.

I pushed passed the sweating hot bodies. People were kissing. Girls were grinding on boys. The women were dressed in little clothing while most men didn't have shirts on. I cringed at the sight of all the people.

Getting to the middle of the rave I pushed a guy that was trying to dance with me off. In the middle of everyone I saw Caroline dancing with a buff guy. She saw me and smirked.

With caution I took a step towards her. She saw and her eyes darkened as veins showed under her eyes. I gasped. Gently she ran her fingers over the mans neck and grinned. After a few more seconds of her looking like she was going to eat the man her face went back to normal. "I'm fine." She mouthed.

Slowly I tired to take another step towards her. Before my foot touched the ground her face changed again. A growler escaped her lips making me step back. All she did was laugh.

I turned around as I bit my lip. Quickly I walked away from her and tried to find Bonnie it Elena. I needed to leave. I walked through the crowd of body's until someone grabbed my arm.

I whipped my head around to see a hot guy without a shirt on. "Hey baby where are you going?" He asked with a smirk. "It's a party let's dance." He said pulling me more into the crowd. I bit my lip harder, now it becoming a nervous habit.

"I'm sorry I need to go." I said pulling my arm from his grip. "Aww babe come dance you're hot." The stranger said, putting his hands on my hips. I kept pushing him off, but he just continued to move his hands right back.

"Stop!" I yelled. My blood started to boil. The man just chuckled and held my hips tighter. That was the last straw. I grabbed his hand and without thinking I started to burn it.

Quickly he let go of my waist and cursed. Ripping his hand out of my grasp he looked at his hurt hand. I glared at him with icy eyes. "What the hell!?" He yelled at me. I scowled at him.

"What can I say?" I said while walking away from him. "I'm hot."