21

"Oh hell no!" I screamed and slammed the door to Alaric's apartment closed. Kai stood on the other side of the door as I pushed my body against it so he couldn't come in. The few weeks after Luke's death so much has happened. But the major thing was that Liz Forbes passed away. Today was her funeral and I was at Alaric's with a sick Jo because they didn't want me to be alone while everyone else was helping get the funeral ready.

"Who's at the door?" Alaric asked as he walked out of the bathroom. "The devil." I said as I looked out the peephole. "Just let me in. I need to talk to Jo." Kai said. That's when Jo came out of the bathroom looking like death. "What is he doing here!?" She yelled. Both Alaric and I just shrugged. "Hey look I know you hate me but I really need to see my sister." Kai said sounding almost desperate.

I cracked open the door to look at him. Now that I could really see him he looked hopeless. "I think she'll pass." Alaric said as he started to close the door. "What are you doing here?" Jo said stopping Alaric. I stepped back from the door.

"I called to tell you I was sick and you hung up on me." He said crossing his arms as he leaned against the doorframe. "Because I have food poisoning. Did the sound of me vomiting on the other end of the line not clue you in?" Kai sighed. "Look, the issue I've been worried about since the merge since we didn't really do it right. You know the whole 'hey you're not my twin but close enough' plan. Which worked which is cool." He cut himself off. "Hey I'm even a little bit nice now in case you were wondering." He directed this comment at me.

"But I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop, and well it's dropped. Because I'm." He stopped and slightly coughed. "Where the bathroom?" He asked looking ill. Suddenly he started coughing and blood was spat out of his mouth. "Oh Ric!" Jo cried as Ric grabbed a pot and put it in front of Kai. I cringed as I looked at the blood.

"I don't think you have food poisoning." He said once he stopped throwing up. "I was supposed to merge my magic with you but I got Luke's instead. Now I'm defective." Kai stood and wiped his mouth with his sleeve. "And I think that's why you're sick." I looked over at Jo and I could tell she was scared and worried.

"Kind of feel like I'm dying actually. And if I die so do you, dad, Liv and the rest of our dumb coven. So, could you please fix me? Like now." He said breathlessly. I looked back at Jo and she groaned but nodded.

Sometime later we made it to Jos doctors office. Jo checked out Kai as I sat in I corner watching. After a while of figuring out nothing Kai said something that brought me back into the conversation. "You haven't thrown up in over an hour." Right as he said that he started coughing up blood.

I stood up to get a trash can but Jo was faster then me. She set it in front of him and he grand her arm. As he did he started accidentally siphoning her magic. Alaric quickly pushed him away. "Hey!" He yelled. Kai stopped puking and sat up. "Wow! I feel better! Like I legitimately feel a lot better!" He spoke with a smile. "Well yeah because you juice boxed her magic." I scolded. He brushed me off. "That's it!" He said. We all looked at each other confused. "You need to give me your magic." Kai said. We all looked at him like he was crazy. Which I mean he is.

"This foe merge is clearly failing because I was supposed to get your magic. I don't know put it in a teddy bear or bed pan and give it to me." Kai reaches his hand out but Alaric grabbed his wrist. "I can see you're skeptical Ric. But if I die so does Jo."

"You know I have to go." I said as I grabbed my phone and car keys. "I have to get ready for the funeral and I can't be dealing with this boy." Before they could respond I ran out the door. I was not going to be dealing with any magical witchy woo, not today!

I sped over to Alaric's apartment to get ready for the funeral. He gave me a spare key just in case anything ever went wrong and I needed a place where vampires couldn't enter. I went to the back room and put on my dress. It was just a simple black dress. Nothing too special, it is a funeral.

I decided against any makeup, even though I only wore mascara. I knew I'd be crying.

Too quickly the time came for me to leave and go to the church. I wiped away a stray tear that fell unknowingly. I straightened up before walking out of the apartment.

When I arrived I saw only one person in the church. A girl with blond hair leaning over the open casket. "Care." I said and she looked up at me. She was crying. I quickly walked over to her with open arms. "Oh come here." I said and pulled her into a hug. We stood there for a while. Her tears wetting my shoulder and a few of my own falling onto hers.

Eventually everyone was in the church. Our group was sitting in the front row. I was next to Care on one side and Elena on the other. As the priest talked I could see Caroline's eyes start to water. I grabbed her hand and gave it a tight squeeze. This was hard for everyone but especially her.

At one point Damon went up and said a few words which made me really start to cry. After the funeral everyone went to the grill. I sat at a booth by myself in the corner. I looked over to the door and saw Elena walk out with Caroline. I'm glad she wouldn't have to be alone to night.

I couldn't stand being at the grill any longer so I grabbed my stuff and made my way to Alaric and Jo.