13

Warm water splashes around my feet as I sat at the edge of the pool. Kai wasn't on the balcony yet, so i let my thoughts wander as I waited. Looking at the water covering my feet, I thought of when Bonnie and I went swimming together for the first time.

I didn't know how to swim, so I sat at the edge of the pool. I refused to put my feet in the water, too scared that I would fall in. Bonnie convinced to to jump in and I nearly drowned. But she taught me how swim and I've loved it since.

"Dinner is served."

Kai spoke from behind. I had been too caught up in my thoughts to hear him come in. Standing from the pool, I turned to see in a pair of swim trunks. In his hands were two large plates of food. Placing them on the table, Kai quickly pulled out a chair. Smiling uncomfortably, I sat in the chair.

On the table was our two plates full of food. Next to the plates was the elegant silverware and wine in a fancy glass. In the middle of the table was a single candle. If it weren't Kai I was eating with, I would have thought it was romantic.

"Dig in." Kai spoke and started to shovel food into his mouth.

As I watched him, I realized when he ate it was the only time he wasn't constantly talking. Picking up my fork, I too ate my dinner in silence. My silence was interrupted when Kai spoke up.

"Either you really hate me or you are really enjoying the food."

I looked up at him and rolled my eyes.

"I think it is mixture of both."

"You haven't had any wine." He pointed out.

"I'd rather not get sick again." I responded.

Grabbing my glass, Kai took a sip.

"Now if there is something in it we will both be sick. And why would I do that to myself?" Kai had a point so I drank the expensive wine.

Once dinner was finished Kai stood from the table. Grabbing my hand, I allowed him to pull me from my seat.

"Let's swim." He said letting go of my hand and turning towards the pool.

Turning around, I slipped my coverup off. As I was placing it on my chair I felt myself being scooped up into Kais arms.

"Kai put me down!" I yelled at him.

"You were taking to long." He said walking closer to the pool.

"Kai!" I screamed as he got to the edge.

"3...2...1!" Kai let me go throwing me into the pool.

"Malich-"

Water surrounded me, stopping me from yelling. I swam to the surface to find Kai on the ground laughing.

"Oh, you think it's funny."

He looked at me and continued to laugh. I held my hand out towards Kai and said a spell. It caused him to be pulled towards me into the water. He screamed and laughed as he flew into the water. Now it was my turn to laugh.

Kai swam back to the surface looking angry. This just made me laugh more. Lifting his hand from the water, he splashed me. Raising my eyebrows, I splashed him back. Kai laughed as he splashed me again. To a valid more splashing, I swam to the other end of the pool. Kai chased after me and I couldn't help but giggle.

We continued to swim until I got tired. Getting out of the pool, I sat with my feet in the water while Kai swam.

"So what's the internet like?" He asked out of the blue.