10

Warm blood dripped down my side as my hand pressed onto my wound. Fear consumed me while I ran down the empty streets of mystic falls. I had to find somewhere safe and fast. With this wound, I couldn't run for long.

Pain was all I could feel. Warm tears streamed out of the corners of my eyes. My lungs burnt with every breath and my muscles cried for relief.

Slowing my pace, I looked down to my stomache. Blood soaked into my shirt, sticking to my hand. Lifting the fabric, I saw a the bandage filled with blood. Overflowing blood dripped out and mixed with my sweat.

Shaking my head, I wanted to refuse what I was seeing. Placing my hand back on it, I held the ascendent pieces with the other. My head felt dizzy as more blood left my body. I needed to get to the hospital.

Hurrying down the familiar streets, I found my way to the hospital. My heart thudded in my chest, knowing Kai most likely knew I was gone.

Pushing my shoulder into the door, I shoved it open. Running through the halls, I stumbled over my feet. My dizzy brain and weak legs wouldn't keep me straight. As I ran I fell into walls, leaving streaks of blood behind like breadcrumbs.

Pushing open doors, I searched for a room that would have what I needed. Eventually, I found myself in a doctors office. Rushing to the counter, I threw the ascendent pieces down. Pulling the cabinet above the counter, it slammed open with a bag. With shaky hands I dug through the contents of the cabinet. Finding a bandage and pain medics, I pulled them out.

Tears poured from my eyes as tried to open the pill bottle. My wet hands slipped on the cap until I finally ripped it open. I brought a handful of pills to my mouth. I winced as I swallowed them dry.

Looking at my stomach, I pulled up my soaked shirt. Ripping off the bandage, I watched blood drip from the cotton. Grabbing the new bandage from the counter, I placed it over my wound.

Once I was bandages I started on the ascendant. The adrenaline streaming through my veins didn't make it easy, making my hands shake. Blood on my hands caused the pieces to slip. Quickly, I wiped the blood off on my shorts and tried again. Tears blurred my vision, slowing me down.

I was nearing the end when the lights above me started to flicker.

"No. Please. No." I sobbed.

He found me.

Placing in the last piece I had, I held up the device. My eyebrows furrowed when I noticed it looked different. Disappointment filled me when I realized what had happened. I was missing a piece. I must have dropped it somewhere.

"Fuck!" I yelled and pulled at my hair.

Scanning the area, I searched for a way out of the hospital. I could return when Kai wasn't there. A door slaming in the distance caught my attention.

"Come out come out where ever you are." Kai sang playfully.

A quiet sob escaped my lips.Grabbing the unfinished ascendant, I ran out of the room. My feet carried me down the hall, away from the direction he came in. I could hear doors slamming open as he got closer and closer. Pressing my hand over my mouth, I had to keep myself from screaming.

Seeing the door to the outside, relief filled me. Pushing my legs harder, I burst out the doors into a parking lot. Running to the first car I saw, I threw open the drivers side door. Sitting in the ignition were a set of keys. Tears of joy nearly filled my eyes at the sight.

With shaking hands, I tired the keys and started the car. A sigh of relief left my lips and I lean back in the chair. Needing a moment of rest, I closed my eyes for a moment. Not even a second later hands wrapped around me from behind. One held my neck while the other covered my mouth.

Screaming, I opened my eyes. In the mirror I saw Kai with a devious smirk plastered on his face. Tears start to fall again and land on his warm hands.

He brought his mouth to my ear and started speaking.

"Did you really think you could get away from me?" He asked.

I tried to pull away from him but he held me tight. His fingers dug into my skin as I struggled. Kai chuckled and continued to coo at me. I screamed into his hand begging for him to let me go, but he couldn't hear.

Taking his hand off my mouth, he reached for something in the seat next to him.

"Let me go please." I cried.

"Oh, but we're not done having fun."

That's when I felt a prick in my arm. I turned my head to see Kai taking a syringe out of my arm. As the liquid entered my veins my body felt heavier.

"What did you do?" I yelled and struggled more.

"Shh." He started to stroke my arm as I as started to slow my fight. "Just relax."

My body betrayed me and my fighting stopped. Kai laughed as he watched my eyes slowly disappear behind my eyelids. All too soon, I was unconscious.

_____

Light poured into my eyes as I started to wake up. Opening my eyes, I saw that I was laying in the back seat of a car. Trying to sit up, I realized my hand and feet were tied. Groaning in frustration, I tried to untie the knot with my teeth.

"Look who decided to join me," Kais voice sent chills down my spine.

Stopping my struggle to untie my hands, I looked up. Moving around, I finally managed to sit up. Leaning over the center console, I peered out the front window.

"Kai, where are we?" I ask quietly, being sure not to anger him.

He didn't answer, so instead I asked a different question.

"Why am I tied up?"

He sighed and I thought he was going to lash out at me.

"Do you ever stop talking?"

I rolled my eyes, leaning back in the seat.

"Not when I need answers." I sassed back.

"If you really want to know, we're in Paris."