17

"Zaylee wake up." I heard a voice to my right. It sounded like Elenas voice. "Aww don't do that let the girl sleep." There was a voice infront of me too. Not being fully awake I couldn't tell who the mystery voices belonged to. But I had a hunch.

"Now let's get back to the topic. You and sleeping beauty over here are here because I need to practice my magic. I have so much it's practically oozing out of me." I managed to open my eyes to be met with those of Kai. Tied in a chair just like me to my right was Elena. "Oh and sleeping beauty wakes." Kai smirks.

"So as I was saying, my magic is out of control. You know I didn't quite realize how out of control it was until I met the manager of this place." As he said this that's when I noticed we were at mystic grill at a table.

"He was all like 'oh you can't come in here you have two unconscious girls over your shoulder'. I was like don't judge me. Then I gave him a heart attack, well tried to." A small gasp escaped my lips and he continued.

"But all it did was make him vomit uncontrollably which is like ehh gross, lets stop that. So I'm like let's try again and I think I broke his spine. I mean I'm not really sure because the third time I tried the spell he kind he kind of exploded in blood." When he was done talking I felt like I was going to vomit. I looked over at Elena and she was just stunned.

"Only then when I had the run it with the manager did I realize that if I start to merge with Jo and gushing fountains of magic turn her into that guy I won't have a twin to do the merge with. So Elena and Zee-zee that is why you two are here. So I can get my magic under control by practicing with you two. Or we'll, on you two." Now I was scared out of my mind. I didn't want to experience what that man experienced. But I also didn't want Elena getting hurt.

"Oh but the positive thing is that after the manager stopped thrashing around I finally got the hang of a cloaking spell. It's easy to do and undo. Phasmatos oculex." He said. As he said the spell a dead body appeared on the table we were at. I screamed and Elena gasped as she backed away. The mans eyes were looking right at us. I had to look away.

"Table for four." Kai laughed. "You guys had no idea." I felt like I was going to throw up because of this boy. "Now let's go to our next location. Kai said as he stood from his spot across from us. Once he was infront of us he said a spell and we were both asleep within seconds.

The next time we woke we were chained by our wrists to the ceiling of mystic falls high school. Elena and I were chained right next to each other. "We're at my old High school?" Elena said when she woke.

"There's plenty or restrooms, flammable surfaces and everyone's on winter break." Kai replied as he looked at the trophy case. "No wonder America got dumb while I was locked up, you're never in school."

Kai leaned closer towards the trophy case and smiled. "Is this you?" He asked as he turned to Elena with a smile. Oh and there's bon bon. You looked so innocent." He trailed off.

Kai then stood back up straight and looked at me. "Mind if I try to carve something in your skin?" He asked as if he was talking about the weather. "I do mind." I yelled as he got closer to me. "Kai I swear to god if you hurt a single hair on her head." Elena yelled as he stuck out his finger towards my cheek.

Kai moves his finger as he started at my cheek. As his finger moved I felt a stinging pain in my cheek. He drew whatever he wanted on my cheek and smiled at his work. I felt the warm blood trickle out of whatever he drew on my skin.  "Perfect." He smiled.

He then walked over to Elena. "Now I'm going to try to turn your blood into acid." He said and held out his hand. "Kai don't hurt her!" I screamed as I tried to get out of the chains. Kai held out his hand and started the spell.

"Kai you don't have to do this." I said but he didn't listen. "Kai stop!" I looked at Elena and she looked like she was in pain. But the thing that caught my eye was her ring. "Elena your ring, it's melting." Elena looked up as her ring dropped down her hand.

"Kai stop my ring!" She screamed. And struggled with the chains. "Kai you're melting my ring." Kai opened his eyes and groaned then continued his spell. "Kai stop it!" She screamed then pulled her arms down bringing the chains with her, including my chains.

The lights fell making Kai back up. When he did Elena untangled her chains and then mine. Once we were free she threw me over my shoulder and ran at her vampire speed. She put me down when we made it to a lab.

"No no no no no." She repeated as she ran to the sink and put her hand under it. "Elena it's gone." I said scared. If her ring was gone she wouldn't be able to escape until tonight when the sun goes down.

"Take that ring meant something to you." Kai said as he walked in the classroom. I turned around and backed away from him. "I never understood sentimental attachment." He said.

I looked over at Elena not knowing what to do. Elena wasn't looking at me though. She was looking at the sunlight coming through the room and the thing coming out of the table that blows air. She looked at me and I nodded knowing what she was thinking.

Elena stuck her hand into the sunlight and groaned in pain. Her hand lit on fire and before the fire could burn out she put her hand infront of the thing that blows air. She turned it on and aim it towards Kai. Fire burst at him and he flew back. Elena stopped the fire then grabbed my arm and ran out of the classroom with me trailing behind.

We made it to the front doors of the school and stopped. "Zaylee I need you to go get Damon anyway you can. I can't go outside so I need you to get him." She explained. I nodded. "Will you be ok?" She smiled. "I will. Kai doesn't know who he's dealing with." With that she vampsped away from me.

I ran out the door and looked for a pay phone on the school campus. I found one and dug through my pockets for change. Thankfully I found some so I called Damon. "Magic camp how may I help you." He answered. "Damon Elena and I were trapped at the high school with Kai. I got out but Elena doesn't have her ring she can't go outside." I rushed.

"Woah Zaylee calm down." He said. "Damon you need to hurry!" I yelled. "Ok I-" the time ran out cutting him off. I had no more change so the only thing I could do was wait and pray that they would have a plan.