2

"What the hell do you think you're doing!!!" I yell at the top of my lungs at him.

Kai seemed a little taken back by my outburst.

"What? Do you think I was going to let them leave without me?" He said with a smirk playing on the corner of his lips. "You were the closest one I could get too."

"Why did you take my only chance of getting my friends home and me with them?" I growled.
He sighed and took a few steps closer. "I already told you. I wanted to leave too. I've been stuck in this place for 18 years. I have to get out. Your family will find a way to get you back."

Anger bubbled up inside me. I had taken months to find Damon and Bonnie. Now I was the one that got stuck.

"So you know my name. Now whats yours?" He said as if he didn't just take away my only chance of getting home.

I snapped. I took the last few steps closing the gap between us and raised my hand. Seconds later it came crashing down on his cheek with a satifying smack noise. Kai looked at me shocked with a bit of amusement.

"Zaylee." I spat then walk out the the kitchen.

If it was possibly steam would be bursting out of my ears and nose. I rushed up the stairs and to my room. Practically everyone has their own room at the at the Salvatore boarding house. As I opened the door to mine I groaned in frustration. In the space were my room was supposed to be was an office.

Walking out of the room, I slammed the door behind me. Today was getting worse and worse. I sauntered over to the closet bedroom which happened to be Stefan's. I opened the door and fell down on his bed. A few minuets later I heard footsteps. Lifting my head from my hands, I saw Kai walk in.

"You never told me your last name." he said, his voice curious.

"You never told me what this place was."

"You never asked." Kai replied.

"Well neither did you."

Kai then sat down next to me on the bed. I moved to the edge of the bed so I wouldn't be near him.

"Alright then, this is a prison world. My family put me in here 18 years ago." he calmly explained.

Staring at the boy, his words registered in my head. Slowly, I started to understand this whole situation. Kai was trapped in this world because he is dangerous. I read about prison words before. Only the worst of the worst were placed in them.

Now I wasn't just angry for him trapping me here, I was scared. Who knows what he has done. Kai must have noticed my uneasiness so he spoke again.

"They put me in here because they said I was an abomination because of my magic." He said with no emotion, but I saw a glint of anger flash in his eyes.

I nodded and stood from the bed, not wanting to be close to him. I didn't trust him. He easily could try to kill me in a few moments.

"I'm going to make myself dinner." I say making up an excuse to get away from him.

"No no no. I can make it. It's your first night here I want to make it special. Plus, I'm a great cook." Kai says, trying to boast.

"Alright" I reply as he runs out the door.

I wait in Stefens room for a few minutes until I went down to the living room. I spread out on the couch so I was leaning against the armrest and my legs took up most of the couch. I turned on the TV right as Kai came in with two plates of pasta.

He handed me one then sat down on the couch right next to my feet. I brought my legs closer to myself, uncomfortable with our closeness. Looking down at the food, I noticed it looked good. Twirling some pasta onto my fork, I sniffed the food. Once I decided it wasn't poisoned I put the forkful in my mouth. Kai was right, he really is good at cooking.

Kai grabbed the remote next to me and turned on a movie. We ate in silence. When I finished I set my plate down on the coffee table. Today had been a long day and I was beyond tired. Both mentally and physically.

I watched the movie play on the television as my tired eyes blinked slowly. It wasn't long until I knew I was too tired to go to Stephens room. Curling up on the couch, I faced away from the TV. Soon sleep took over.

__

As I slept all I could feel was warm. It was comfortable. But as I snuggled into myself I felt a slight stinging in my arm. It was moving up and down. Soon it felt like hot needles were poking my skin. I groaned from the pain.

The pain on my arm soon stopped moving up and down and settled on my shoulder. A few seconds later a larger area of my shoulder felt like it was on fire. I yelped as my eyes burst open. Looking up, I saw Kai on the couch in front of me holding me. I could feel his arm wrapped around under me while his other arm rested on mine. That's were the pain was coming from.

"Kai what the hell! Let me go!" I yell as I push and hit his chest but he pulled me closer.

When he pulled, his hand pushed harder onto my skin. It felt like my skin was burning off. I screamed in pain.

"Let go!" I look up at him as I continue to try to get out of gis grasp.

"You never told me you were a witch." He then placed his other hand on the back of my head.

"Stop! Please!" I beg as tears begin fall out of my eyes.

It felt like my blood was boiling in my veins. I thought I may be dying. I looked up at his face as my hits to his chest got weaker and black dots clouded my vision. He smirked. I hit him one last time before I faded into the dark.

..Kai..

The movie ended and I looked over to my left to see Zaylee alseep next to me. She looked relaxed when she slept. Peacful. Zaylee was facing the back of the couch and there was enough room between her and the back for a person to fit.

Getting an idea, I eased my way inbetween her and the couch. I wrapped my arm under her shoulder. With my other hand I ran my fingertips up and down her arm. Her hands were resting on my chest and her face was right next to them.

As I cuddled her I felt power radiating off of her. Taking a chance, I started to siphon her. I was right. She had magic and she was powerful. Even more powerful then Bonnie.

As I siphoned her magic I could see her face twist in discomfort. Soon she yelled and her eyes opened. Zaylee looked at me confused then started to yell and pound on my chest.

"Kai what the hell! Let me go!"

I laughed at her amusing angry expressions. Then, I pulled her closer to my chest as I put my whole hand on her arm. I knew she was in pain but I wanted magic.

"You never told me you were a witch." I said and put my hand on her head to cause her more pain.

Zaylees punches to my chest got weaker as I felt stronger. I smirked when I looked at her. When I saw her eyes close I knew I had taken enough. If I were to take more, then she would die. So I stopped siphoning.

Her red face had streaks of tears. I caressed her cheek and I whiped the tears away with the pad of my thumb. Having this power over her made me feel strong. Her facial expression softened and her breathing became more even. I took my hand off her face and pulled her closer to my chest and fell into a peacful sleep.