22

When I finally arrived at the apartment I didn't hear any talking or yelling, that's shocking. I walked around the place until I heard Jo gasp lightly. I quickly ran to the room I heard the gasp come from and saw Alaric down on one knee. "Yes." I heard Jo say and pulled Alaric up to kiss him. "Awww" I said without thinking. They pulled away and looked over at me surprised then laughed. "Oh shoot wait I'll leave, get back to what you were doing." I said slowly walking backwards.

Alaric rolled his eyes playfully. "Stay here kid." He said. So I quickly ran over to the and hugged them. "I'm so happy for you guys!" I cheered. I pulled away to look at the ring that was placed on Jo's finger. It was beautiful. Once I was done admiring the ring Jo said something that surprised me even more. "Kai said I'm pregnant." She blurted. "Wait what?!" I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Kai was here and I gave him my magic so he wouldn't die. Once I was done he told me that I wasn't sick from the merge. I had morning sickness. So I don't know for sure if I'm pregnant but I think I am." She smiled and sat down on the couch. Ric sat next to her on one side, holding her hand, while I sat on the other. "Well I would tell Ric to go get you a pregnancy test but considering you guys just got engaged I guess I'll go do the honors." I said standing back up. Jo and Ric looked at each other lovingly before looking back at me. "Thank you." Jo said.

Quickly I rushed out of their place and to the closest drug store. I rushed inside and grabbed a handful of pregnancy tests and a tub of chocolate ice cream. While checking out the cashier gave me a weird look but I ignored her. Before I knew it I was back with Alaric and Jo. 

"Alright," I said walking into the living room where they were sitting. "I got some tests just in case some of them don't work." I then threw all the tests I grabbed onto the coffee table. Jo and Alaric laughed. "Did you really need to get that many?" Alaric asked. "Of course we need to know for sure. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't trust Kai if he told me I was pregnant." I shrugged.

I looked back into the bag and pulled out the tub of ice cream. "Oh I also got this because I think pregnant women like ice cream." Jo laughed at this. "I think all women do." I laughed with her. After we were finished laughing Jo went to the bathroom with the tests while Alaric and I waited on the couch. After a few minutes she came back crying.

"He was right." She said looking down at the test in her hand. "I'm pregnant." Alaric smiled and jumped up to give her a hug. I started to cry too because of the sight in front of me. After all the bad things that happened in this town we really needed something good to happen.

"I better get going. This is a personal matter." I said grabbed my coat and putting on my shoes. "Thank you Zaylee." Jo said with tears still in her eyes. "I'm so happy for you. Good night." I said before heading out the door.

Eventually I made it back to the Salvador house to find no one there. That's strange. I would have thought after the funeral everyone would have come back here. I went up to my room and undressed from my funereal outfit and took a shower. Once I was done I put on a tank top and sweatpants before heading back downstairs to see if anyone came home. When I went down I saw Stephen and Damon sitting at the kitchen counter doing what they do best, drinking. 

"Hey" I said making my presence known to them. They looked over at me and gave me a small, sad smile. "Want some?" Damon asked. Already knowing the answer he poured me a glass. I sat down in front of the men and took a large swig of the liquor, wincing as it went down my throat. I was never a big fan of the taste of alcohol but I liked the way it made me feel. "How are you doing?" Stephen asked once I set the glass down. "better then I thought I would. But still not great." Even though I had just found out about Jo and Alaric's baby I was still doleful about Sheriff Forbes funeral. 

"How are you guys?" I questioned. They both just shrugged their shoulders. I knew Damon was having a hard time with this because him and Liz were close, but no one was having a harder time than Caroline. "Do you guys know how Care is holding up? I saw her leave the Grill with Elena but haven't heard from her since." I explained. Stephen sighed. "She's not doing well. She is trying to hold it in, but soon she is going to break." He put his drink down then proceed to put his head in his hands. 

We all just sat at the counter for a few more hours. None of us said anything. We didn't know what to say. We didn't really have anything to say. I wasn't going to tell them about the baby because that isn't mine to tell. So we sat and drank. 

As the night got later I became tired so I set my glass down and stood from the chair. "I'm going to bed. I'll see you guys tomorrow." I heard them both quietly say good night as I walked out of the kitchen. I was going to stay at my dorm but Liz stopped staying in it a little while after I got stuck in the prison world. After a while and it was given to someone else. Thankfully I was able to get all my stuff back. Now I'm going to be stuck at the Salvatore house for a while. That doesn't bother me though. I don't want to be completely alone during a time like this. I don't want to be completely alone in general. 

I walked up the steps and down the hall to my room. Once I made it I just plopped down on my bed. For some reason I just had a feeling something bad was going to happen and I couldn't get that off my mind. As I drifted to sleep I just hoped we could have some time of peace, but I new that wasn't an option.