24

I walked through all of the dancing people as I dug my nails into my palm. What's wrong with me? I've never done that to anyone on accident let alone on purpose. What is happening to my magic?

I continued to push through all the drunks until I found a hallway with barely anyone. I leaned my back against the wall and put my head in my hands as I slid down the wall onto the ground. I just want to go home.

I heard footsteps approaching me so I looked up out of my hands. I was surprised to see Damon standing over me. A smile made its way into my lips. "Hey." He said as he reached his hand out for me to grab. "Hey," I replied as I grabbed it, pulling myself up.

"What are you doing here?" I asked over the loud music. He looked down at his feet before looking back up at me. "Ok, just uhm, don't freak out but..." he cut himself off as he looked over down a hallway connected to the one we were in.

I turned to look too only to see the one person in the world that I never wanted to see again. "Hi," Kai said as he moved from one foot to another nervously. How could he be nervous? "Just get this over with," Damon said to him.

I looked around at my feet, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Uhm" he started, his voice shaking. I bit my lip. "Spit it out." Damon groaned. "I wanted to uhm." He cut himself off.

"I wanted," he said. I bit my lip harder as an image of him appeared in my mind. It was him standing over me with a crossbow. A smirk on his face. An arrow lodged into my stomach. Blood pouring out.

"To apologize" a new memory came to mind. I was in a car after running around the hospital trying to escape him. He wrapped his arms around my neck and mouth from behind, choking me. In the rearview mirror, I could see an evil glint in his eyes.

"For anything, I did" now I could see Kai standing in front of me holding a knife when we were in Portland. His wicked smile as he stabbed me. The look he gave me as my dying body fell to the ground. My blood pooling at his feet as he smirked.

"That hurt you." Finally, I looked up to meet his eyes. But I wasn't looking at him, I was looking past him. "Zee, did you hear what I said." He got me out of my trance. I stopped biting my lip and narrowed my eyes at him.

All the anger I have held in over the past few weeks was coming to surface. My blood was boiling. Kai has the audacity to apologize to me, thinking I would forgive him. Well, that would never happen.

"If I ever see your face again," I paused as a looked deep into his eyes. "I will melt it off." I spat, venom on every word.

Quickly, I walked past the two men. Swing my arm to magically push open the door. Once I was out of the building I didn't know where to go. Not wanting to interact with anyone, my eyes stayed glued to my feet as I walked through the parking lot.

Somehow during my walk, I made it to a park so I sat down on a bench. No one would be at a playground this late at night, which made it the perfect place to sit and think. I sat down on the cool surface of the bench. Leaning back I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds around me.

I started to drift off when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. a groan escaped my lips as I reached for the object. It was probably someone just wondering where I was. My fingers grasped the metallic object and pulled it out of my pocket. I turned it on and surprisingly the text wasn't from any of the people I thought it would be.

Enzo's name was on my screen where my notifications were. I swiped my finger on the notification to open up my phone, confused why Enzo would be texting me. When I first met Enzo he was an evil vampire, but now he wasn't all bad. I had some conversations with him, but not enough for him to be randomly texting me.

I looked at the message and my eyebrows furrowed. Stefan and Elena are in trouble. Get to the bar as fast as you can. Quickly I stood from my spot on the bench and ran to the bar closest to the university. I texted Enzo back saying I was on my way. I wasn't too far from the bar so I didn't think to ask him what was wrong or call anyone else. My mind was in too many places.

I made it to the bar and threw open the door. It was dark and no one was in sight. "Enzo!" I called out. Not getting a reply, I started to walk around the room to the bar area. As I was turning the corner I heard a female voice. "Over here love." They said in a British accent. "Caroline?" I say once the bar is in view. She was sitting on the counter top with her back to me. In her hand was a phone that she held to her ear.

"There an appropriate question, thank you for asking," she said into the phone as I took a step back. "As a matter of fact, I'm going to kill her." My stomach dropped as my heart rate sped up. Caroline hung up the phone then turned back to me. "Caroline, no, please," I begged holding my hands out, not wanting her to get any closer to me.

She hopped off the counter then slowly walked towards me. I quickly started walking backward, fully knowing if I ran she would be able to catch me.

"why are you doing this Care?" I asked, trying to let my fear show. "Why does anyone do anything?" She laughed walking closer to me. "I'm doing this because I want to. I am using your worthless life to get what I want." She smiled. I had to keep reminding myself this isn't Caroline. She didn't really think what she was saying was true.

"Care just stop this and we can talk it out," I said trying to reason with the vampire. "I don't think so." She said before she stopped coming towards me. I lowered my hands, confused by her actions. "Liam!" she called out. A second later I felt arms wrap around me. A scream escaped my lips, startled by the sudden action. I turned my head around to see Liam holding me as I struggled to get out of his hold.

"Liam let go!" I screamed at the boy I barely knew. He bit his lip, looking scared. "I'm trying!" He exclaimed. "oh Liam." Caroline sang. "Take off her bracelet." She said. I looked down to my wrist seeing my vervain bracelet. If that comes off Caroline could make me do whatever she wanted, just like shes making Liam do this.

I felt the boy hold onto me tighter with one arm as he let go with his other. "Liam, no!" I screamed, trying to get my arm out of his hold and away from his hand. "I'm so sorry." He said as he ripped my bracelet off of my wrist. Throwing the broken piece of jewelry in front of Caroline, she smirked.

"I always thought that bracelet was cute. Too bad I guess." The girl joked, walking towards us. "Don't kill me Care," I said, fear seeping into my bones. My small frame shaking in Liams hold.

Care laughed at my plea. "I'm not going to kill you." She said. My head fell in relief, but not even a second later she grabbed my chin making me look into her eyes. "Liam is." I gasped and struggled, even more, to break free.

"Now sleep," Caroline said, looking directly into my eyes. I saw her pupils expand before my fighting was halted and darkness consumed me.

—————————————

I know that witches can't be compelled but in this story they can lol