3

Groaning, I opened my eyes and stretched my sore muscles. I sat up to notice that Kai wasn't next to me like last night. Kai. He had done something to me. Fear started to build up in my stomach. I don't know and I don't plan to find out what he did. I'm leaving.

Jumping from my place on the couch, I hurried towards the front door. I grasp the handle and started to pull it open when it slams shut.

"Where were you going?" I hear a devilish voice.

I turned to see Kai looming over me. His face held anger and disappointment.

"Why do you need to know?" I snap as I move around him towards the kitchen, hoping to get out the back door.

"Because you're the only person there is to talk to so im not letting you go yet." He replied, following me.

Walking into the kitchen, I was greeted by the smell of bacon and pancakes. Looking over to the dining room, I saw two plates set out with food. I turned around and gave Kai a quizzical look.

"I made you breakfast. I'm a great cook." He boasts.

When I didn't move towards the table he sighed.

"I think I owe you an explanation."

Kai then motioned over to the dining table. Rolling my eyes, I walked over to the table. Making sure to keep my distance from him, I sat.

Picking up my fork, poked around at the food. I heard a laugh from across the table. Looking up, I saw Kai laughing at me.

"It's not poisoned or druged or whatever you think it is." He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

I don't trust him, especially after last night. I picked up some pancake on the fork, sniffed, then ate.

"So," Kai started. "About last night. I was siphoning your magic. I can't make my own so I take it from other people. That's why my coven trapped me in this world. They called me an abomintaion."

Giving him a shocked look, I tried to understand his magic. I had never heard of people taking others magic. Though, I found it hard to believe that his power was only reason he was trapped here.

"That doesn't explain why you were cuddling me and why you were taking my magic. Not even to mention why you siphoned me until I blacked out!"

"I laid next to you because I haven't gotten to do that in like 20 years. So I took the chance," Kai shrugged. "And I took your magic because I wanted to. I stopped when you blacked out so you wouldn't yell at me like you are now."

I groaned and set my fork down harshly on the table.

"I'm going to my room."

I stood up so fast I almost knocked down the chair. Hurrying out of the dining room, I ran up to Stefan's. Once I was in his room I locked the door and went to the bathroom.

Closing the door, I quickly locked it behind me. I turned on the shower and stripped off my clothes. Stepping in, I let the warm water wash away my worries. Closing my eyes I tried to imagine I was back at my dorm.

I stepped out of the hot shower into the steaming bathroom to dry off. Then I wrapped the towel tightly around me and stepped into Stefan's room. Not seeing Kai, I huried to the closet. Quickly, I grabbed random clothing and rushed back to the bathroom. Inside, I noticed it was a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt. 

I put on my underwear from my world then put the clothes ontop. Without any hair products, I left my brown locks down to dry. Looking at myself in the mirror, I cringed at my appearance. My clothes were too big, nearly falling off of me. I'd have to find new clothes if I was going to be here for a while.

Leaving the room, I went down the stairs to the front door. I was almost out of the house when Kai cleared his throat behind me.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I turned to face him.

"I'm going to get some clothes." I say and roll my eyes. "Not that you needed to know."

He sighed then went back to whatever it was he was doing. I could tell he was hesitant to let me leave, making me uncomfortable. Leaving the Salvatore house, I saw an old car sitting in the driveway. I opened the driver side door and lucky for me the keys were in the seat. Picking them up, I jumped in.

Driving down the streets of Mystic falls, I looked at all of the odd buildings. Everything looked practically the same yet slightly different. Shops and reasuraunts weren't crowded with people like normal. It made me sad to look at my town so lifeless.

As I drove, I noticed started to get dark. Stopping the car, I pushed open the doo to look at the sky. Above me I saw an eclipse. From what I know about prison worlds a strong celestial event has to happen in order to make one. I figured the eclipse was used to make this one.

I continued driving until I found a small store. There was the same on in my Mystic Falls. I walked into the store and looked around untill I found the clothing area. Looking through the clothing racks, I grabbed armfuls of the different pieces.

When I was done I put on a tank top , blue jean shorts, and a pair of sneakers. Grabbing my bags of clothes, I went back out to the car. I opened the passenger seat to put the bags on but there was newspaper on the seat. Grabbing it, I set the bags where the paper had been. I walked over to the other side of the car and got in as I opened up the newspaper.

The first thing I saw was the date. May 10th, 1994. I kept reading to find out more about the time I was living in when I saw a story about a famiy massacre. My eyes quickly darted over to it to read.

"A family was murdered in Portland Oregon." I read.

I continued to read and I found out out they were murdered. My heart clenched as I read about the brutal deaths of these young kids. Some of them were stabbed, others were drowned.

"The oldest son, Malachi Parker, is missing. He is the main suspect in the crime."

I dropped the paper and my mouth hung open. Malachi Parker. The boy that I've been living with for a day, killed his family. My heart pounded in my chest as anxiety overwhelmed me. I don't want end up as his next victim.

Starting the car, I sped down the road. I didn't know where I was going, but I had to go as far as I could.

I knew everyone would be looking for a way to get to this world, but I didn't think they would find one. From what I know about prison worlds they would need an ascendant. That could be anywhere. I was more likely to get out of here on my own then by them.

After driving for a long while I decided I would go to New Orleans. I've always wanted to see the city and New Orleans is full of magic. It was the best place to go to find a way out.

As I passed my the 'you're now leaving mystic falls' sign I smiled. I would never have to see Kai again.