4

After a long and empty drive I finally made it to New Orleans. I drove around the city admiring the architecture as I tried to keep my mind off of Mystic Falls. New Orleans was beautiful even without the people that give it its lively nature.

Getting of the car, I walked down the midle of the street. It was odd seeing such a big city so empty. I felt like it was almost rude of me to disturb the peaceful emptiness.

Walking down the street, I stopped at a colorful building. The top appeared to be an apartment with a balcony. Below it was a witches shop. It was dolled up for the tourists, but from the outside I could tell it was real. Pushing open the door, I headed inside.

Looking around, I saw the shop was filled with a variety of items. There were necklaces made of teeth to jars filled with various herbs.

After walking around the shop, I decided I needed sleep. Tomorrow I could continue to search the shop for something to help me.

Walking to the upstairs of the building, I entered a colorful apartment. The beding on the bed was a muti color quilt. Glass french doors separates the room from the balcony. The kitchen was outdated but would have been new in 1994.

Kicking off my shoes off, I jumped into the bed. It wasn't long until I fell into a needed sleep.

__

Pressing my fingertips into my head I tried to alleviate the pain of my headache. It was the next day and I had spent a majority of it going through different shops. After waking up, I had quickly realized the first store was no good. I had left early in the morning and now I sat in a new place as the sun set. Closing the last book I in the store I groaned.

"Why is this so difficult!"

Sighing, I left the useless shop and roamed the streets. My hope of finding a way of this prison was diminishing with each shop I went to.

Passing a bar, I decided turn towards it. In the area of town I was in it was the only one I had seen. After my day, I needed a drink.

Heading towards it, I pushed open the heavy door. My hand wasnt even off the handle when I saw a figure sitting at the bar. Their back was turned to me, but I could tell who it was. Sweat formed on my brow as I tried ti take a quiet step back.

"Fancy seeing you here." He said as her turned around with a bottle of beer in his hand.

"Hey, Kai, I didn't think I'd see you so soon." I smiled, trying to hide my stress.

"Did you not expect me to follow you?" Kai laughed. "After all you're my only companion."

My heart pounded as my mind raced to think of a way out.

"What? Did you think I ran away? You must have missed the note I put on the fridge." I lied

Kai smirked seeing through my lie but I was determined to convince him. Taking a few steps towards me, Kai stared me down. I backed up until my back hit the wall next to a table.

"Do you really think I'm that stupid?" He asked, growing angry.

Quickly, I shook my head no as I swallowed the lump in my throat. My palms felt clammy as he moved closer.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, still trying to keep the act up

"You know what I'm talking about." He held up the Mystical Falls newspaper. "I know you saw this."

Anger shown on his face as I shivered in fear. I don't know how he knew, but he was certain. Kai took a few more steps until he was right in front of me.

Without warning, his hand grabbed something from the table next to me. I yelled as he smashed the bottom of the beer bottle he had grabbed. Beer spilled out of the jagged glass. Kai smirked at the far in my eyes.

"You shouldn't have left." Kai pushed me against the wall and put the sharp edge of the bottle on my neck. "Now Im going to make you pay."

Pressing harder on the bottle, Kai made a small cut on my neck. I winced at the pain. Fearing another cut, I stayed still.

"Motus." I said quietly.

"Is the little witch trying to do magic?" Kai laughed when nothing happened.

"Motus!" I yelled.

To both of our surprise, Kai flew back. His back collided with the wall across from me. Once he was away, I sprinted out of the bar. My eyes scanned the streets searching for a car. I yelled out in anger when I couldn't find one.

"Why do you keep trying to run away?"

Turning around, I saw Kai with a knife in his hand. His face was red with anger, but he still looked amused and excited.

"Please just leave me alone. Don't hurt me." I cried as I tried to get away from him.

I ran away but ended up running into an alley. Looking around, I tried to find a way out.

"If you think I won't hurt you, then you're wrong. You saw the newspaper. I killed my own family. " He said evily and took a few steps forward.

"Stay away from me you psychopath!" I yelled as I cowered back.

"I prefer sociopath but psychopath has a nice ring to it. " He smirked and walked towards me.

"Please just leave me." I cried as he stood towering over me.

"I'm never leaving you. Like you said, I'm a psychopath."

Without warning he sliced the knife down my arm. I screamed as I held onto my skin, trying to stop the bleeding. Pained tears fell from my eyes as I looked up at Kai. He ignored me and grabbed my cut arm. His hand warmed as he siphoned my magic. My knees crumbled beneeth me making Kai hold me up by my arm.

When Kai finally let go I was a crying heap on the ground. He loomed over me while I tried to back.

"Never try to leave again." He spat.

Holding out his hand, Kai said the words to a spell. I went flying across the alley, hitting the brick wall. My head collided with the wall before hitting the ground. In my blurred vision I saw Kai walking towards me. He smirked as my eyes shut.