35

Opening my eyes, I saw that we were in the middle of the woods outside of a nice cabin. 

"I had to find a quick place before the wedding," Kai explained while walking inside. "I didn't have time to clean them up though."

At the entryway of the home lay two burnt bodies of an old couple. Their skins was red and bubbled. Grey dead eyes stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes again, not wanting to look at them. My eyes opened when I felt myself being placed on a bed. I let my head fall back. My mind was hazy and my eyelids heavy. 

"No, you can't die yet," Kai groaned in annoyance. "Why do you have to start dying now?"

I didn't respond, too tired to think. Kai sighed and sat next to me on the bed. I felt his hand hold my thigh and his other hand grasped the glass sticking from my body. My eyes shot open as soon as he ripped the glass from my flesh. I screamed out in pain as blood poured from my wound.

"Kai stop!" I sobbed, feeling him grab the second glass piece.

He didn't say a word as he tore out the second piece. I lay on the bed, a panting mess, as he threw both pieces aside. Tears fell down my bloody cheeks while the red liquid began pooling around me.

Kai quickly raised his wrist to his mouth, biting it with his razor sharp teeth. His blood dripped from the holes on his wrist, falling onto the bed next to me. One of his hands lifted the back of my head as his other pressed his wrist on my lips.

"You need to drink it Zaylee," Kai instructed.

I shook my head, not wanting his blood. Annoyed with my rebellion, Kai moved his wrist to place his hand firmly on my stomach. I screamed as his fingers dug into my flesh. As soon as my mouth was open, Kai moved his wrist back towards my mouth.

Blood dripped onto my tongue, making me want to vomit. I cried as more of the metallic liquid dripped down my throat. Kai smiled when he saw me begin to swallow his blood.

"There you go," He said quietly. "Keep drinking."

Slowly, I felt my strength come back. The pain my my stomach turned into a dull throbbing as it healed. Without thinking, my hands reached up to hold onto his wrist. I heard Kai chuckled, but in the moment I couldn't care. All I cared about was getting healed. As soon as I felt like I was healed, I let go of Kais arm. Raising my own hands, I quickly said a spell.

"Motus."

Kai flew across the room into the wall. Before he could regain his composure I sprinted from the room. Running through the small cabin, I quickly found the front door. Right as my hand grasped the handle arms wrapped around my middle.

"You can't leave just yet," Kai whispered as I fought against him.

Feeling a warmth on my stomach, I realized he was siphoning from me. The pain hurt, but not nearly as much as the glass shards had.

Kai carried my struggling form back to the bedroom as he continued to siphon from me. He threw me on the bloody bed, quickly getting on next to me. Grabbing my wrist, he started to siphon from me again.

My eyes grew heavy as my magic was pulled from me. I fell back, my head landing on the pillow. Kai moved strands of my messy hair from my face as my eyes shut.

"We'll talk more in the morning."

Sitting on the bed, I picked the dried blood from my palms. My entire frame was covered in the crusty dry blood. I could still taste Kais blood on my lips. I felt frozen as I though about everyone lost last night.

The Gemini coven, Liz, Jo, Jo's children and possibly Bonnie. I kept Bonnie out of my mind, refusing to think she could be dead. I tried to stop thinking of the other bodies, but every time my eyes closed I saw them. Their lifeless eyes staring at me.