5

Darkness surrounded me even when I opened my eyes. My head throbbed and my body ached. Moving around, I realized I was in a small confined space. Every few seconds I felt a bump and I could hear a humming noise coming from under me. It didn't take long to realize I was in the trunk of a car.

"Hey, let me out!" I yelled as I hit my fists against the trunk. "Kai let me out!"

My heart sank when I felt the car stop. For a moment I had forgotten the man driving the car was a murderer. Hearing his footsteps come around the vehicle made me still. Holding my breath, I watched as the door opened.

"Looks like you're up." Kai smiled down at me.

Reaching in, Kai grabbed my arm. Pulling me up, he helped me out of the car.

"Where are we?" I ask as I look around.

I didn't recognize any landmarks. It seemed as though we were in the middle of nowhere.

"Well we were on our way back to Mysic falls but you woke up and made me stop the car." Kai explained, sounding annoyed.

Tilting my head, I tried to figure out the game Kai was playing. He acted as if he hadn't just attacked me hours earlier. Remembering our fight I look at my arm to see it bandaged.

"I bandaged it for you. You're welcome by the way." He said cockily. "Lets get back on the road, shall we."

Kai smiled and motioned for me to get in the passanger seat. I hesitated while looking around. There was nowhere for me to run. Sighing, I forced myself into the car.

As we drove it was complete silence. Kai sat calmly in the drivers seat, but I was on edge. My leg bounced while my finger tapped on the arm rest.

"You're cute when you're nervous." Kai said breaking the peacful silence.

"I'm not nervous." I quickly say, caught off guard.

"You're also not a good lair. You learn something new every day."

Rolling my eyes, I turn away from him. Pressing my knees into the door, I quickly grew uncomfortable. Still, I stayed as close to the door as possible.My hand rested on the handle, ready to jump at any moment.

When we soon arrived in Mystic Falls, I noticed Kai turned in the direction of the downtown. Looking over my shoulder, I watched the street ti the Salvatore house fade from view.

"Where are we going?" I asked nervously.

"Well, since I've gotten to this horrrible place I have been counting the days and today just happens my favorite day of the year!" He states as he stops in a parking lot.

Looking up, I realized we were at The Grill. I frowned seeing it's empty state.

"And that day just so happens to be Thanksgiving," Kai continued. "So I'm cooking you dinner to say sorry for hurting you."

Staring him down, I tried to deduce what his intentions were. His soft eyes told me he was being genuine. Still on edge, I agreed to eat with him.

Getting out of the car, we headed into the restaurant. I sat at the bar while he went to the back to cook dinner. Playing with my fingers in my lap, I waited for him to be done.

I didn't even notice Kai had comeback until he set a plate down in front of me. Startled, I jumped from not playing attention.

"You don't have to be nervous. I'm not going to hurt you." He said with a mouthful of food.

Cringing at his actions, I tried to believe his words. Grabbing my fork, I picked at the food.

"I know it's not a turkey dinner but this is what they had in the fridge." He said trying to make small talk.