37

Kai stayed with me through the night. I got barely any sleep while I lay next to him. There were a few moments where I wanted to kill him and escape, but something stopped me. Something inside me told me not to.

The sun had started to rise and sunlight spewed into the room. Seeing the sun inch towards the bed, I got off. I moved to the corner of the room where light couldn't get to me.

Kai started to wake and moved his hand to the side of the bed where I had been. Not feeling me, he jumped up. Scanning the room, his eyes landed on me in the one spot of shade.

"Why are you over there?" He asked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"I can't go in the sun," I rolled me eyes.

Kais eyes widened as he ran to the widow. Quickly, he closed the curtains. With more room to move, I moved to sit on the edge of the bed.

"I'll make you a daylight ring today," Kai said as he sat next to me.

My hand twitched as I tried to say a spell to harm him. I tried to do anything that could hurt him, but my body wouldn't let me. Taking a chance, I asked Kai about it.

"I'm trying to hurt you, kill your even. But my body won't let me," I admitted while avoiding his gaze.

Kai smirked at my words. He looked down at my hand that was still twitching.

"I read about this, but I didn't know it was possible," Kai started. "You're sired to me."

"What?" I question.

"It usually happens with hybrids, but I guess it happened here. Just a little different," He smiled. "You're connected to me, sired. Your mind won't let you kill me because I turned you."

That explained why the entire night I couldn't harm him. Standing, I got up to walk to the opening where the door was ripped off.

"Take down the spell," I told Kai.

Kai moved his hands and the spell disappeared. I walked out of my room, heading towards the kitchen.

"Don't try to escape," He called after me. "The spell is around the entire house now."

I ignored him as I looked through the kitchen. In the fridge I found a small pile of blood bags. Quickly, I slammed the fridge closed and grabbed an apple from the counter.

"You'll need more blood soon," Kai said as he walked into the kitchen.

"Get me animal blood then," I told him as I moved to the living room.

Kai rolled his eyes as he followed. I sat on the couch as he walks passed me. Flipping on the television, I watched the news as Kai wrestled with a large bag near the door. Hearing him open the door, I looked over to see a body bag over his shoulder.

Tears welled in my eyes as he left with the dead body. The man I liked. Setting my apple down, I clutched my stomach. I felt sick again, but remained still on the couch.

I expected Kai to return, but he stayed out. I assumed he went to make my daylight ring. Staying in the couch, I continued to watch the news. A new story came up and started talking about Jos wedding.

Images of the destroyed venue were shown as the reporter said police still didn't know what happened. My heart clenched as I remembered all of the bodies. Jo was dead. Stephen and Caroline had gone missing. Elena was in the hospital. Bonnie was dying when I was taken.

My heart sped up as I worried about Bonnie. I barely payed attention to the news as I waited for Kai to return. It didn't take long before he was walking back into the house.