18

Thankfully in only minutes I saw a red car pull up into the school parking lot. I had been pacing around, sacred out of my mind. Damon got out of the car along with Liv and Jo. He ran to me as I ran to him. He hugged me and I put my head in his chest. Damon was like a big brother to me. He knew I wasn't good in situations like this.

"You ok?" He whispered. I nodded letting go of him. I saw him look at my cheek and his eyes darkened in anger. We walked back over to the car as Liv was setting up her candles. "I just want you all to know I'm only doing this for Zaylee." She said.

"What's the plan?" I asked as Liv started a spell. "Liv is going to do a cloaking spell while we slip in and get Elena." Damon explained. Damon and I then turned around and looked at the school as we waited for the spell. After a few seconds I stopped hearing liv chant the spell. Damon must have noticed too because we both turned around at the same time.

"Liv?" I said. Where was she. "Liv!" Damon yelled. "Sorry." A voice said behind us. By now jo was next to us too. "She doesn't have time for this." I stared at Luke in the eyes then spoke. "Please Luke, for me." He sighed.

"I'm sorry Zaylee. Invizziqua." He said his spell making him disappear. "Damn it!" Damon cursed. I sighed. How are we going to get Elena out. I wasn't skilled enough to do the spell. I had never been taught it. But I know someone who has.

"Jo, wasn't the first spell you learned in the Gemini coven a cloaking spell?" I asked as I turned to face her. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Damon's face light up.

"No." She said without me saying anything else. "I know what your thinking but I'm not strong enough. Zaylee you have to do it your stronger then me." She said backing away.

"Jo I know you don't think that you're strong enough but I do. You've been doing this spell your whole life. I haven't. You can do this Jo." I said walking up to her as I put my hand on her shoulder. "Fine," she sighed "I'll do it." I smiled.

Jo walked over to the spot Liv had disappeared from and continued what liv had started. Soon enough we were cloaked. Or at least we hoped.

Walking through the school Jo and Damon started to bicker. I didn't listen too they're bickering, I was too busy looking for Kai. We were walking down a hall about to turn a corner when I heard footsteps. Damon must have heard them too because him and Jo stoped their petty fight.

After a few seconds Kai walked around the corner drinking a pop. We all stood there stiff. I held my breath as he turned his head staring down the hall. Kai turned the corner and walked right passed us to the trash. He threw away the can before walking away. "What do you know, it's working." Jo said. Damon rolled his eyes at her.

We rushed to the Cafeteria finding Elena tied up. Damon untied her and she looked at her wrist confused. Damon grabbed her hand and she looked up at him. "Damon?" She asked. "Jos invisibility spell. If you can see us that means you joined the party." Damon smiled.

"Come on we need to get out of here." Jo said. I could tell she was loosing a lot of energy. She wouldn't be able to hold all of us in this spell for much longer. "How are we going to get out of here? My ring is gone." Elena explained. "Then tunnels under the school." I pointed out. "Good call zee-zee." Damon said helping Elena up.

The couple rushed towards the door of the cafeteria. I was about to run too when I saw that jo didn't move. I saw blood drip out of her nose. "You good." Damon turned around. "Ya I'm good." She said wiping the blood way and running out with them.

I caught up to jo and grabbed her hand. Before Jo could protest I quickly said a spell that I had learned in the prison world. I looked at her and she looked full of energy. "Zaylee what did you do?!" Jo exclaimed as she ripped her hand out of mine. "You need your energy for this spell. I don't. So I'm giving you mine." I explained quietly. I didnt want Elena or Damon knowing what I was doing. If they knew theyd make me stop.

We ran through the school making it to where we needed to be to get to the tunnels. I started stumbleing and I felt warm liquid run down my nose. But it was worth it since jo was fine.

"Woah Zaylee are you ok?" Damon said when he noticed me stumbling. He walked up to me and I accidentally fell into him. "Sorry I said pulling away trying to walk away from him but he held my wrist. "Why is your nose bleeding?"

"I have a guess." I got out of Damon's grasp and turned around using the lockers on the wall to keep myself steady. Kai smirked when he saw my weak state but then he turned to jo. "Magic's hard isn't it jo. Using poor Zee-zee as your power source."

Damon turned to jo. "You what?!" Before jo could explain that I was the one who made her I said something to Kai. "Wouldn't be any different from you Kai." I smirked. Every word I said was taking more and more out of me. Even though the spell had stopped working just moving was taking away my energy.

"Get out of here." Damon said turning to Jo. He then turned to me. "You too."  I looked back at Kai seeing him smirking. I started stumbling towards them but fell to the ground. "Zaylee!" I heard Damon yell. He started running towards me when his face changed. He looked confused. He turned around looking at Elena. But he still looked confused. "Elena!" He yelled.

"Where are they?" Damon spat at Kai. "Oh are we not cloaking people anymore?" He joked. Damon glared as he sped towards him. Kai disappeared. Damon turned around towards where Elena had been standing. He was now glaring at her. "Damon?" I said confused.

He sped over to a wooden broom breaking it. He threw the wood at Elena and it hit her in the chest. "Elena!" I screamed as I tried to crawl to her. Kai appeared next to her and spoke. "That's gotta hurt. I am definitely getting the hang of this." He said.

When Damon looked back at Elena his face fell. I assumed Kai had made her look like him so Damon would hurt her. "Cloaking spells allusions, it's all the same wheel house." He continued. Kai waved his hand at me now Damon could see me crumpled up on the ground.

Elena fell into the lockers as she choked. "Damon help her!" I cried. I wasn't able to do anything myself. Damon started towards his girl when kai held his hand out causing Damon to fall to the ground screaming as he held his head. "Damon!" I screamed now trying to get to him.

"Oh no you don't." Kai said as he walked to me pulling me up by my arm. He pulled me through the school as I stumbled on my feet. "You are going to help me get to jo. Any upcoming selestial events that you think will interest her?" He questioned.

Right as he was done talking I heard a noise and felt Kai jolt forward. I yelped as he let go and fell to the ground on his knees. I saw Alaric rush in and inject something into his neck. Kai then fell to the ground unconscious.

Alaric then ran to me and grabbed me holding me up. "Are you ok? Is jo alright?" He rushed out. I nodded. "Jo got out in the tunnels and I'm alright." I said breathlessly. I looked back and saw Jeremy holding a cross bow. I smiled at him. "Thanks." I said before I collapsed into Ric unconscious.