11

"Paris! What do you mean we're in Paris!"

Kai slammed on the breaks so fast I thought I was going to fly through the windshield. My body lurched forward, making my have to catch myself on the front seats. Looking back at me, Kais face looked tired and annoyed.

"I meant what I said." His voice sounded on edge.

"Well, why did you take us to Paris?" I questioned quietly, worried he would lash out.

"Because I wanted to," He shrugged. "If we're going to be stuck in here, why not have some fun."

Sighing, I cowered back in the seat far from him. Leaning against the door, I rested my head against the cool glass. Staring out the window, I watched Paris move by in a blur.

My thoughts wandered off to wonder about the flight from the U.S. to Paris. Confusion filled me as I realized the the flight was at least seven hours. Looking up, I opened my mouth to question Kai. He must have seen my confusion, because when I looked up he was already looking at me in the rear view mirror. With confusion clear on my face, Kai spoke.

"If you're wondering, I flew us here," He explained shortly. "I kept you sedated so you wouldn't nag at me. Sometimes you sound just like my father."

His words darkened when he spoke about his father. Other than that, he spoke as if we were talking about the weather. Looking down to my arm, I could see where he injected the drug. Bruises dotted my skin, all a dark purple. On some of the bruises dry blood covered the injury.

Kai drove for while longer while I stared out the window. I kept myself pushed to the door, ready for anything he tried to pull. Soon, he stopped the car and stepped out. Walking over to my door, he pulled it open. Warm air rushed into the car as he leaned in.

Cringing at his close proximity, I allowed him to untie my feet. Holding my hands out, I expected him to untie them as well. Kai chuckled as he grabbed my tied hands to pull me out of the vehicle. Daggers shot from my glaring eyes at him as he pushed me to walk backwards.

"Don't be so upset Debby downer." He smirked. "Just turn around."

Annoyed, I did as told. As soon as I turned my annoyance turned to awe. My mouth fell open as I stared up at the Eiffel tower. It's large metal frame towered above me, being taller then I had expected.

Turning back to Kai, I gave him a questioning look.

"Why?" I asked. "You clearly want out so bad. Why take me here?"

Kai simply shrugged in response. Walking around me, he grabbed my arm and pulled us towards the tower. While he was distracted, I whispered spells under my breath, trying to untie my hands. My shoulders sunk when I realized Kai must have siphoned my magic.

As we neared the bottom of the tower Kais childish grin grew. His paces quickened as he moved under the structure.

"Lets go to the top."
__

Wind blew my hair around my head in a strong breeze. Sweat formed on my brow as I moved out of the elevator. Kai has already hurried to the edge, looking out at the city. My shaking legs held me against the back wall.

Looking over his shoulder, Kai saw me pushed to the wall. His eyes rolled as he turned around. Leaning against the railing, he stared at me.

"Come to the edge." Kai encouraged.

"I'm good," I said, keeping my eyes on him as to not look over the edge. "I'd really like to go down now."

My feet slowly moved towards the elevator next to me. Kai waves his hand and said a spell as my finger clicked the down button. Groaning, I realized the door wasn't opening.

"You can go down after you come to the edge," Kai said as he tapped his hand on the railing.

"I'm not getting any closer," I said, putting my foot down.

"So, you wouldn't come to the edge to save my life?" Kai smirked as he lifted his leg over the rail.

"Kai stop," I gasped.

Worry rushed through me as he foot landed on the outer edge. Seeing my stress, Kais grin only grew.

"Why should I stop?" Kai asked as he lifted over his other leg. "I'm having fun."

Now on the other side of the railing, Kai let go of the metal. His hands spread out wide as he turned to look out.

"Come back over the railing and I'll go to the edge," I promised as I took a step closer to him. "Just don't do anything stupid."

Trying my best to remain calm, I held a straight face. Inside my heart was racing while I prayed he would listen. If Kai died, there was no way I could get back to America. I can't fly a plane and learning would take too long. Without a way back to Mystic Falls, I couldn't get home.

"You need to be more adventurous, little witch," He said turning back to face me.

Kai lifted his hand to wave as he leaned back. My eyes widened as I ran towards the edge. He continued to smiled even as he fell backwards off the tower. I yelled his name as I collided with the railing. Looking down, I saw his frame shrink until his body collided with the ground.