26

After Elena put her phone away she vamp spead over to me and laid her jacket on my shoulders. I put my arms through the sleeves and wrapped it around my bloodied body. "Are you alright?" Elena asked completely forgetting about the phone call. "I'm fine you gave me your blood. I'm healing as we speak. Is Stephen alright?" It was bad enough that Caroline had her humanity shut off, now Stephen did too.

"Don't worry about that right now. You almost had your heart and spleen removed. You need to stop worrying and rest now Zaylee." reluctantly she nodded, knowing that after what just happened she really needed to rest.

"Let's get you out of here," Elena said as she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and started calling someone. I assumed it was Damon. She spoke softly to make sure I didn't hear. Even though I already knew that it was about what had just happened. After a few minutes, she hung up the call and walked back over to me. "Damon and Bonnie are on their way." I nodded then got myself off of the table that still had blood dripping off it.

"We are going to need to go out the back so no one sees us when we leave," Elena explained and yet again I nodded. I started towards the door, wanting to get out of that room as soon as possible. "Wait let me help you." Elena hurried towards me and wrapped her arm around my waist and put my arm around her shoulder. "Elena thanks, but I'm fine. I don't need you to help me walk. You've already done enough."

Elena laughed a little as we continued to walk, her arm still around me. "You've gone through enough these past few months. Just let me help you." I too laughed. "Alright," I said and let her help me out of the hospital to the back parking lot.

When we walked out the sky was dark and no cars were in sight. Eventually, a car came speeding out of nowhere, stopping right in front of us. In a matter of second Bonnie jumped out of the car with Damon not too far behind her. "Thank God you're ok," Bonnie said before pulling me into a hug.

"Wait Bonnie I'm covered in blood," I said not wanting her to get her clothes stained. Bonnie pulled back and looked at me then laughed. "Of course you would be worried about other people after you were just cut open." I laughed as she pulled me in for another hug.

"You ok kid?" Damon asked after Bonnie let go. I smiled and nodded. "Can we go home now? I smell like blood." I say motioning to the blood painting my skin. They all nodded and we piled into the car.

The ride home was silent. I could tell they wanted to talk about what to do about the Stephen situation while I wasn't near. I understood why, but I am apart of this family and I need to know what is going to happen.

We arrived at the Salvatore house and I went straight to my room and ripped off Elena's jacket. Taking off the rest of my stained clothes I walked into to bathroom, opening up the shower curtain and turning the knob starting the shower. Once the shower was hot I stepped in.

As the water hit my skin I watched it turn pink. Grabbing the body wash I started to scrub the drying blood off of my body. Looking down at my stomach I started scrubbing where the most blood was accumulated. Even with all of the scrubbing, the blood seemed to stain my skin.

Getting more soap, I wiped even harder. It wasn't coming off. My breathing sped up as my hands started scratching at my skin, trying to get the blood to wash off. I whined as I scratching started to hurt. The steam from the hot water started to cloud my vision. Grabbing the soap bottle again I tried pouring more into my hand. As I started to squirt it out, the bottle slipped from my hand crashing onto the hard floor.

The loud noise took me out of my haze and I looked back down at my skin. The blood was no longer there. The only thing that remained were small pink scratches. No more blood.

I took a few deep breaths and turned off the water. My head hung as I opened the shower curtain. I looked up into the foggy mirror at my scratched skin. I didn't know what happened in there. I just needed to calm down.

Sighing, I dried off and put on a pair of sweatpants and a shirt. Letting my wet hair hang, I walked out of the bathroom and towards the living room. As i walked down the stairs I heard Damon, Elena and Bonnie talking.

"The only one that would be able to get Stephen to turn his humanity on is our mother, but she has been dead for quite some time." Damon explained. "Are there any old flings that Stephen has had that may be able to bring him back?" I ask making my presence known.

"Zaylee you really should be resting." Bonnie said as I plopped down on the couch next to her, Damon and Elena sat on the couch across from us. "I can rest when I'm dead." Damon chuckled at that.

"To answer your question no. Any fling Stephen had in the past he has long forgotten about." Damon answered. "So your mom is the only one that can get him to turn on his humanity." I states defeated. Nodding sadly, Damon confirmed it.

"I may have a way to get Stephen to turn on his humanity." A voice was heard from the kitchen. all out heads turned to the door to see Kai walking out with a bag of chips. Grinding my teeth, my blood boiled at his presence.

"And what are you doing here?" Bonnie asked. "I was just around and I was bored." He shrugged. I rolled my eyes at the boy. "Anyways I think I have a way to help."

"Why would you want to help us?" Elena asked. "Because I want Zaylee to forgive me. I don't like it, but now that I am merged with Luke I have some sympathy and the guilt is weighing down on me." I quietly scoffed.

"After Stephen gets his humanity back I will forgive you." I lied to Kai. A slight smile fell across his lips. "But first you have to tell us how to help Stephen."

"Oh right," he started. "Before I was trapped in the prison world there was already one made. This world was made for a group of heretics." I stopped him. "heretics?" He nodded "half witch half vampire."

"A group of them were trapped in this prison world and one of them can get Stephen to flip the switch." He says cheerfully as he pretends to flip a switch.

"How would Stephen even know one of those people?" Damon asked with his eyebrows furrowed. Kai smirked.

"Well, because one of them is your mother."