25

"Is she awake yet?" A muffled voice filled my ears.  It sounded like Caroline. My eyes started to open, but I shut them immediately once I saw the bright light hanging above me. A groan left my lips at the bright lights. "Shes waking up now." Another voice said. This one was closer and sounded like Liam.

Groaning again I tried to lift my hand to my throbbing head, but my and was held down by something. Opening my eyes again I looked down at my body. A gasped escaped my lips when I noticed I was held down to a metal table.

I looked up and saw I was in a room with Liam standing next to me, gloves on his hands and a surgical knife in one of them. "Zaylee here is going to be helping Liam with his surgical skills. Isn't that right Liam?" I heard Caroline say. That's when I noticed next to Liam was a cart with tools for surgery and a phone. When Caroline said that I finally came to my senses.

"Liam please don't do this." I said with fear evident in my voice. "I don't want to do this!" He yelled, his hands shaking. I started to struggle on the metal table. "Help!" I screamed. "Someone help me!" The cuffs holding me down started digging into my skin, but I continued to struggle. On the phone I could hear people having a muffled conversation, though I couldn't make out who Caroline was talking to.

"Please Liam let me go!" I yelled, fear building up in me more and more. He came closer to me with the knife. "I'm sorry." He said. "I don't want to."

"Hey Liam?" Caroline said through the phone. I struggled even more, trying to get away. "Help!" I screamed. "Cut our her spleen." The vampire said. "No please! No!" Liam came closer to me, knife in hand.

He reached out his hand as I continued to squirm. Slowly he lifted the bottom of my shirt of, just enough to get where he would need to cut. "No! Liam!" I cried.

Suddenly he pressed the cold metal of the knife onto my skin. "I'm sorry." He stuttered as he moved the knife across my skin. "Help!" I cried out even louder. "Caroline make him stop!" I heard her laugh. I looked over at Liam with pleading eyes, but he looked away from me.

"Hey Liam remember that conversation we had earlier about being honest?" I heard what sounded like Stephen say through my screams. "Where are you?" Liam started looking around the room as Care said "don't answer him Liam."

"Whitmore medical." He said, but continued to slice my skin. "Please done hurt me!" I screamed. Liam picked the knife up out of my skin as Caroline started talking to him. "You know what, I changed my mind. Leave the spleen." Liam let out a sigh of relief while I laid on the table panting.

"Let's be a little more symbolic. Take out her heart." Liam's face dropped and I cried. "Please! No! Don't hurt me!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

With his bloody hand, Liam grabbed the medical scissors and slowly started to cut open my shirt. "Liam! Liam! Stop!" I was shaking. This is it. This is where I die.

I continued to struggle once he finished cutting my shirt. "You'll kill me!" I screamed. "You're only making it worse." He cried. "I'll die!" I cried as he grabbed a cloth, shoving it into my mouth to keep me quiet. "Liam!"

He turned around grabbing what looked like to be a drill with a sharp knife at the end. I screamed even louder, praying that someone would hear my pleas. I sat up as best I could, looking him in the eyes. "I've never used one of these before, so sorry." He said before looking away and putting the knife down into my skin.

I screamed bloody murder as my skin was ripped apart. As more and more blood poured out of me my screaming stopped. I laid on the table crying as he did his work. My vision started to blur as I hung onto consciousness.

"Liam she stopped screaming is she-" Liam cut her off. "I think she's passing out." He said, I looked up at him blinking slowly. Then Caroline said the words I hoped would never come out of her mouth. "Kill her."

I laid on the table crying. Holding onto my last bit of hope that someone would come to save me. "I'm so sorry." He said as he turned around, dropping the tool. He turned back to look at me. His gloves hands were covered in blood. My blood.

"Oh my god." I heard a voice say. I weakly looked up to see Elena standing at the door to the room. I started crying tears of joy when she walked into the room towards us.

"Elena I'm so sorry I don't know what I'm doing." Liam said. Elena ignored him and ripped the cloth out of my mouth. My eyes started closing as she bit her wrist. "I'm so sorry." Elena cut him off. "Just stop." She said before putting her bleeding wrist to my mouth.

My bloodied body shook as the liquid dropped down my throat. I whimpered as the metallic taste got on my tongue. "I have to take out her heart." Liam said. I could see him coming towards me in my blurred vision. Without thinking Elena reached out for him and broke his wrist. I winced at the gruesome noise.

She put her wrist back on my mouth making me drink more of her blood. "It's ok." She said petting my hair. "Everything is going to be ok." I started coughing and she lifted her wrist from my mouth. Moving down, she ripped the restraints off my arms and legs.

As I sat up she started calling someone I didn't pay attention to her call, as I was too busy sitting up on the metal table. When she turned around her eyes were wide.

"He shut it off." She started. "Stephen shut off his humanity."