30

The white light that had surrounded us faded and we were back in the Salvatore house. The ascendant has disappeared from my hands and I looked up at the people infront of me.

Elena was looking at me in a concerned way while Damon was looking at the woman next to him. The woman next he was looking at was staring at me. I assumed they forgot to tell her who I was.

"Hi I'm Zaylee Bennet," I introduced myself as I walked up to the woman. She smiled kindly.

"Hi I'm Lily, Damon's mom," she shook my hand and so smiled at the polite lady.

"It was nice meeting you, but I'm going to go," I said pointing to the stairs. I wanted to get out if there and just be by myself.

Before words could be said I ran upstairs to my bedroom. As I walked down the hall I heard footsteps follow me. Quickly I ran to close my door, but a foot stopped the door.

Looking up, I locked with the chocolate brown eyes belonging to Elena. She lightly pushed the door open and stood in front of me. Her face held of look of sympathy.

"You ok?" she questioned and I broke.

I fell forward into her, hugging her tight. Tears fell out of my eyes as she embraced me.

"I almost killed him Elena. I was so close." I cried, still shaken up about what I was planning on doing.

Pulling away from the hug, Elena grabbed my hand. She guided my to my bed and we sat down next to each other. Still holding her hand, I rested my head on her shoulder.

"Now start from the beginning," So I explained how the whole time I was planning on killing Kai while we were out in the woods. I told her how when it was the moment I ended up leaving him to die, but if he did survive he would be forced to stay in the prison world for the rest of eternity.

"Zaylee don't feel guilty," she said lifting my chin as she wiped my tears. "I can't deny that I haven't wanted to kill people. Hell, I have!" Elena explained and I laughed a little at her comments.

"Now that he's stuck in that prison world he won't be able to bother us. He can't hurt anyone now. We're safe." I thought about it and she was right. He wouldn't be able to escape the prison world. I smiled at her.

"Thanks."

We stood from the bed and descended to the main floor. Sitting on the couch in the living room was damon and his mom. They seemed to be deep in conversation. Upon seeing Elena and I move into the room Damon spoke up.

"Tomorrow we're getting Stephan back." He then went on to explain that he didn't exactly know how, but they were going to find him somewhere. Lily would do the rest.

Eventually the sky grew darker and my eyes grew heavier. I excused myself and made my way to my room. Inside I quickly slipped into my bed. The warm bedding comforting me after this long day.

It was still hard for me to believe that I had almost killed a man today. Elena was right though. I had done the right thing and now he couldn't hurt anyone.

Letting my eyes close I fell into a deep sleep as I tried to forget about the man that had haunted me.

!!!PLEASE READ!!!

Hey pal! I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I just have had no inspiration and things have been pretty rough for me in my personal life recently. Since it is now summer I will be updating more. Sorry this chapter was so short, I just wanted to get one out. Next chapter will be better. I've already started on it:)