14

A headache pounded on my skull, waking me from my slumber. My eyes twitched as my eyelids tried to open. Groaning, I moved my hand towards my head. Instead of moving, something held my hand in place.

Opening my eyes, I searched with my blurry vision. A shiver ran down my spine. My body felt strange. Looking down at my hands, I saw they were tied to an armrest. Further down, I noted my legs were tied together.

Becoming aware of my body, I realized I was seated in an uncomfortable leather chair. My body ached, especially my arm.

Scanning my surroundings, my eyes landed on a window. In my blurry vision, I thought my eyes were ticking me. As they focused, I realized what I saw was reality. Outside of the window, the ground lay thousands of feet below. Around the window were clouds we flew through.

Panic fills me as I realized I'm on a plane. Kai had to be the one flying. My heart raced as I pulled on the rope.

"Looks like sleeping beauty is awake." Walking down the aisle was Kai.

"Kai? What happen? How?" My brain felt scrambled as I tried to talk.

"I knocked you out with painkillers then started to fly us back home. I didn't want you complaining in my ear the whole flight back. You get it right?" He spoke.

"Kai land this plane right now. And get me out of this chair." I yelled as I tried to free myself from the duct tape.

He had flown us to Paris, but that didn't mean I trusted his flying.

"No can do little witch. I know what I'm doing so don't worry." He brushes me off the turned on his heals to walk back from where he came.

"Kai get back here!" I yelled, scared for my life.

I kept calling to him as he stayed hidden in the front of the plane. My throat felt sore as I yelled for him.

"This is why I didn't want you to be awake." Kai said, emerging from the cockpit.

As he neared, I saw that he held something in his hand. When he was in the aisle next to me, he squatted down. Now close, I could see what was in his hand.

"Kai no please. You've done that too many times." I cried.

In his hand was a syringe. Inside I saw a clear liquid. I already knew it was a sedative.

"Don't worry. This one lasts a lot longer then the ones I used on the way here." My heart was about to pound out of my chest. So I did the only thing I could think of. I started to kick Kai. I know I should have used magic but I'm not good at using magic in stressful situations.

My kicking did nothing but annoy him. "Please no." How could Kai be so kind and caring to just go back to his phycotic ways. "Calm down Zee. It will just help you get through the flight." He said before quickly grabbing my chin and turning my head to the side. "KAI!" I screamed as he plunged the needle into my neck. I felt the fluid exit the shot into my body. Kai took the needle out and watched it take its effect on me.

My once clear vision became blurry again. I felt myself swaying side to side. But I faught the drug. I was focusing so hard on not falling asleep I didn't even notice that Kai was caressing my face. "Just go to sleep. We'll be home soon." As I fell into darkness the last thing I could think was that this happens way too often.

Peeling open my eyes I looked around at my surroundings. I was in a small room with blue walls. Hanging on the walls were posters of various bands. There was a desk with stacks of spell books. In the corner of the room was a baseball bat that was covered in...blood. I jumped from the bed and backed away from the bat. Why would there be a bat covered in blood? Where was I?

I backed up towards the door. When I hit something hard I thought it was the wall. But when I turned around I saw Kai with his evil smirk. "I see you saw my bat." He said. I ran around him through the door but he caught my arm.

Pain shot through my arm as he started to syphon my magic. I groaned as I tried to take my arm away from him. "Motus." I said holding out my other hand towards him. Thankfully my magic didn't fail me and he flew back into his bedroom.

I didn't waste any time as I ran down the hall looking for a way out of this place. As I ran I realized this was a normal house. Well except for the fact that every corner I turned there was blood stains all over the walls and floor.

When I finally found the front door I sprinted at full speed. But when I felt a sharp pain in my head it caused me to stop. I screamed and gripped my hair as I fell to my knees. The pain was worsening. I knew it was Kais doing.

"All I wanted to do was have a nice dinner in my childhood home. But you had to try to run." Kais said as I heard him walk up behind me. The pain in my head started to fade so I stood up to face him still holding onto my head. "W-what?" I asked confused.

"See I decided that I don't think your friends are going to find a way to come back to this world. And I know you won't ever let me out. So I'm going to let you free. We split the world and go our separate ways. Just after one last dinner." Kai explained. "I'll even give you my car."

I didn't understand why Kai was doing this now. I could get us out of here but he knows I won't. He is splitting the world with me so we don't have to see each other. But that also means neither of us will ever get out because he has the ascendant and I have the Bennett magic. Well I guess this is better then being with Kai for all of eternity.

"Alright. Let's make dinner and get this over with."