27

"What!?" Damon quickly stood up. The confusion was written all over his face. "My mom is dead. She's been dead for decades." He said as he walked towards Kai. The boy just shrugged his shoulders.

"I was doing some research, I mean now that I'm the leader of the coven I feel like I should know more about us," he said cockily. "Anyways, I found out about the other prison world and it turns out your mom is inside of it with some of her buddies." Malachai smiled as he shared this information.

"How do you know it's my mother?" Damon asked, still in disbelief. "Does the name Lily mean anything to you?" Kai asked and Damon's mouth dropped. "So she is alive," Damon mumbles to himself before walking to sit back on the couch.

"So I'm gonna go and let you all think this over," Kai said as he walked to the door. I was confused why would stop by and lay this bombshell on us then leave. But what can you expect when it comes to Malachai Parker?

"Oh by the way," he said before he made it to the front door. "I'm only going to help if Zaylee meets me at the cafe tomorrow at 12." He said. Before I could protest he was out the door.

I look back at the group with my mouth fallen open. Bonnie shrugged while Elena and Damon were still hung up on the fact that his mom was alive. "After all these years." He said, not even being able to comprehend what he had just learned.

"Damon I think we need to get Kai's help on this one," Elena spoke, putting a hand on his shoulder. He nodded. "I think you're right." Responded Damon.

After the decision had been made they all looked over at me. Rolling my eyes, I spoke "I'm only doing this because we need Stephen back. Not because I like you people." I joked sarcastically, annoyed that I still have to deal with Kai.

Damon walked over to me and grabbed me into a hug. While ruffling my hair he laughed "we know you love us." Rolling my eyes get again I pulled out of his grasp.

"I'm going to hit the hay. If I want to survive Kai tomorrow I better get enough sleep." I remarked as I made my way towards the stairs. "Night!" they all yelled up to me as walked.

The next day when I woke I was not looking forward to lunch. I stayed in my room for most of the day just mentally preparing. Why would Kai only want to talk to me? I understand that he may still be trying to convince me that he's changed, but if he wanted to do that then he should just help us.

As the clock hit 11:45 I decided to make my way to the dinner. Walking out of the Salvatore mansion I got into my car and drove off. Eventually, I made it to the dinner and saw Kai sitting at a booth with food sitting in front of him. When he saw me he smiled and waved.

"I'm here," I stayed as I sat down across from the boy. "Why did you want me here?" I asked while he shoveled fries into his mouth. "Aren't you going to get food?" he asked, ignoring my question completely. "I'm not hungry," I said coldly.

"Why did you want me here?" I asked yet again, hoping for an answer this time. He took a break from his eating and spoke. "Well, you want the 1903 ascendent. Let me just reach into my pocket and pull it out." He pretended to pull something out of his pocket making me roll my eyes.

"If you were really looking for a way to make me forgive you, this is it," I said. "See the thing is the Gemini coven kept the 1903 prison world a secret for generations. So to find the key to that particular jail cell I would have to navigate ancient texts, undo layers of magical cloaking spells and," He paused and my eyebrows furrowed.

"Wait," he said somewhat surprised. "That's weird." Kai started digging around in his pockets. He then pulled out a square metal object. I reached for it, but he pulled it back. "It was in my pocket."

"You know if I wanted to, being the new leader of the Gemini coven, I could zap us through without the use of a celestial event."

"Okay so what's the catch," I asked with a sigh. He smirked and leaned forward, "I'll go if you go." I looked up from the table into his eyes. "Come on. It could be fun." He smiled as he picked up a fry. "1903, the gilded age."

"I'd rather die of cholera then spend an afternoon with you." I snapped. "Well, you're more likely to die by the hands of your gal pal Caroline first." He said catching me off guard. "It would probably be over something stupid too. Like she forgets to do the laundry, you make a snippy comment and she snips off your tongue." I cringed at the image. Looking down at the table, I bit down on my lip. He's right.

"I mean if only there were some way to reunite her with her humanity." He shrugged then took a sip of his drink. Sighing, I spoke. "Fine, I'll go."