I mean, I am always here for you.

August likes to garden. Professor Sprout has a greenhouse and a little garden that she no longer uses, and she just lets August do whatever she wants with them. She grows a few magical plants and herbs, but she usually grows flowers and herbs that she uses to make ointments for her scars. She has primarily non-native plants of Scotland inside the greenhouse and all of her native flowers outside in the garden.

She's on her knees, removing weeds from a flower bed. Because it is already mid-October, most of the flowers are dead or dormant. She's dressed in jeans with a pair of bright orange long johns poking out at her ankle. Her mother sent her all of the turtlenecks they owned, as well as some new ones. She's wearing a brown turtleneck underneath her jumper and large gardening gloves. She's covered in mud, but she's happy. When she's gardening, no one seems to bother her, but George is usually sitting in a chair by the greenhouse door, reading one of August's novels or writing in a journal.

August looked up to find George lost in his own little world in his chair scribbling into a book.

She had no idea why people frequently confused him for Fred or vice versa. They are polar opposites. If the boys were colors, George would be a deep burnt orange and Fred would be a vibrant royal blue. Both are complementary, but when together, they make a nice contrast. Despite the fact that they are constantly together, they have different friend groups: George hangs out with August, Angelina, and Cedric, whereas Fred hangs out with Lee and the 5th year Slytherins. George is a flirt, while Fred is uninterested in relationships. George prefers divination, while Fred likes charms. In an old leather journal, George keeps a lot of notes. She's seen several of his pages in passing; he's either writing a lengthy entry or making music notes on them. Because August cannot read music, she assumed it would be a nice, mellow melody.

She overheard Fred telling Lee that every time he attempts to read George's journal, all of the pages are blank or contain a snide remark about Fred on the first page. August, on the other hand, came across it while leaving class one day, and when she opened it, she saw hundreds of pages scribbled in it. With dates dating back to their first year at Hogwarts. Of course, once she realized whose handwriting it was, she didn't read anything. Well s he tried not to, but there were a few pages that piqued her interest.

Pages with a dried flower pressed between two pages, for example, ones from her garden, or little parchment with short words in her handwriting taped to a page. The date at the top of the page told her that those were notes she passed to George during their lessons. She couldn't understand why he kept those notes from her, especially because they were silly little quips about Professor Snape or drawings she made for him and didn't seem that relevant.

George looked up from his journal to see August admiring a plant she had dug up through one of the greenhouse windows. She was wearing her glasses today, and they had slipped to the tip of her nose as she examined the plant intently. She had a leaf in her hair and dirt on her cheek. Her wand was pointing at a textbook in her other hand, and she was flipping through the pages looking for an illustration of the plant. August hates it when her books get dirty or damp, so she usually flips through the pages with her wand while gardening. He returns his gaze to his journal and begins to write.

 He returns his gaze to his journal and begins to write